2009 Pte. Mouillee Festival

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The 62nd Pte. Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and Michigan Duck Hunters Tournament will take place at the Pte. Mouillee State Game area on September 12th and 13th. There is no charge to get in but there are raffles etc that we ask you join in on. All funds raised go to restoring the marsh. The Pte. Mouillee marsh is the largest fresh water marsh restoration project in North America.

Parking is easy for vans and sprinters, I have no idea where a straight truck could park. Maybe across the road from the entrance to the area at the closed down bar.

Pte. Mouillee is located in Brownstown Twp, on Jefferson Rd. just a few miles south of Gibraltar, MI.

There is a decretive decoy and art tent, duck and goose calling competitions, "Jump Dogs" and a "Hip Boot Race"!!

The 62nd Michigan Duck Hunters Tournament will be held on the Huron River on Sunday the 13th.

If you find yourself in the area that weekend, stop in and join the fun! If you are interested and need more information and better directions please feel free to drop me a private message.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Festival is this coming Sat and Sun, Sept 12 and 13. Be there Bright and Early!! Get out of that truck for a bit!! Give me a shout on a PM if you need more info or my phone# for directions!!! Be there or Be square!! IF you want to WORK, like in donate your time, volunteer, you will be WELCOME!!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Hey Layout,,,,how did it go? I meant to make it there on the Sunday but was under a load as I dove by and was racing my log book,,didn't have time to stop and when I emptied out I just passed out for the day....Really wanted to look for some dog breeders there as I am afraid I will be soon looking for a new dog soon,,Mine black lab is having seizures and I am kinda afraid to put her in the water ,,,let along jeopardize anyone try to rescue her if she goes into one while in the water...Think I will go back to a Chessie,,which is what I started to hunt waterfowl with..
Was there a good turn out of ppl?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Festival went well. The turnout was down this year but in line with all the other Festivals that took place this year. We had a NEW event on Saturday, the Lake Erie Two man layout championship. It was a really fun event. We also re-instated an event that we had not held since 1985, a hip-boot race through the marsh mud!! What a HOOT!! I REALLY "got" my nephew REALLY GOOD on it!! I LOANED him my boots which I had "ACCIDENTLY" removed the laces from the inside. LOL!!! He spent FAR more time trying to keep the boots on and falling in than he did running and came in a resounding DEAD LAST!!! WHAT FUN!!!! He was the laughing stock of the tournement and took it like the man he is!! He says he will be ready for next year and plans to win. He also stated that running through that marsh was tougher that ANYTHING he had in basic training!!! Keep us in mind for next year. As far as I know we will have the event on the weekend after Labor Day. Mark in on you calendar. The Huron River jump dogs were a big hit too. I will look for a Chessie breader, I don't know any but I know some people that might.