2008 Hino Flatbed - P0087

AfterHoursService

New Recruit
Mechanic
About a week ago I had a driver complaint about low power and CEL. My little scanner came back with P0628. Read that step 1 is check connector and replace SCV. Put in the new SCV which came with a tip adapter and an adapter in case the bolts were too long....Tip adapter was not compatible, bolt adapter plate was needed which added a nice had to seat Second O ring to the equation. Turned it on & let it run for a while, everything was good at idle.

Took it out on the road and got CEL and P0087. You can hear & feel the compression dropping as it tries to hit its stride. Drove a little with scanner hooked up watching the common rail pressure and it looks like about 9200psi is where our compression meekly disapates.

As much fun as it is to take the SCV on and off & get the two O-rings and the adapter seated all nice and snug...was curious if there is anything else I should check?

Or does this just sound like one of the O-rings isn’t in there perfect...

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
It is very likely that there is a blockage in the fuel lines, generally at the banjo bolts at the fuel filter, and sometimes at the elbow fittings on the top of the fuel tank.

Remove the banjo bolts at the filter inlet, and remove any other fitting/ adapter connected to the housing. To remove the elbows on the top of the tank will almost certainly involve removing the tank for access. Start by thoroughly inspecting these things before spending any real money. Replace the fuel filter, too.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app