2007 JO8E-tv . Reprogramming?

tjcezar

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a HINO 2017 jo8e-tv truck we just put in all new injectors. Truck flashes check engine after running for a bit. Code is for low pressure in fuel rail. I am aware that truck needs to be reprogrammed. is it possible that it what is throwing the code? Do I have to take to a dealer to reprogram for new injectors?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Injector coding isn't going to affect fuel pressure. It's more like fine tuning. You have a different issue. Fuel starvation or leaks in the high pressure side of the fuel system.

You should still get them reprogrammed

tjcezar

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Greasytshirt. Is it possible to reprogram if I don't have codes from paperwork with new injectors. The old cores were sent back in the boxes and we can not locate now?

Last edited:

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
If you remove the valve cover you will find the trim codes on the tops of the injectors. They put them on little plastic clips right under where the wires to the injector solenoid terminals are. If you bought aftermarket injectors they most likely are not there. It sounds though like you purchased genuine Hino/Denso injectors. Write down the numbers AND take a picture of them. Then take them to a dealer or someone who had a copy of Hino software DX2. The balance rates really only come into play at idle. If the truck shakes violently at idle, but comes out of it at 1500 this could be related to incorrect balance rates. Could Be. You are also supposed to “re-learn” the fuel pump wham replacing injectors as well. With all that having been said. I’m with Greasytshirt, I do not believe balance rates would ever cause a low fuel rail pressure code. I would also suggest you DO have them programmed. Can you tell us the exact code it set for fuel pressure?