Mechanical 2007 hino 338

Denis Skatkov

New Recruit
Hello I have a 2007 hino that starting to have a weird idle issue I do not see a fluctuation in rpms but you can clearly hear fluctuation in the engine noice WwWwWwWw that’s the best example I can come up with hopefully it can be heard in the video.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Tap the SCV ( suction control valve) with a wooden dowel or something of that nature and see if it smooths out. If so, you need to replace the scv or the fuel pump. Use common sense here dont beat on it with a BFH and a railroad spike. Alot of times it will clean itself up and you can verify it is a SCV/PUMP issue.

workaholic48

Expert Expediter
Workaholic48 would like to speak privately with greasytshirt about a possible Hino truck purchase. How can I get in touch with you?

workaholic48

Expert Expediter
To GreasyTshirt: This is Workaholic48...unable to get set up on EO mobile forum app. Cell phone is old and cheapest one available... Wife might be able to figure it out, but for now Is there another way to get in touch??

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
To GreasyTshirt: This is Workaholic48...unable to get set up on EO mobile forum app. Cell phone is old and cheapest one available... Wife might be able to figure it out, but for now Is there another way to get in touch??
What's your email?

Inkedmonkey

New Recruit
Mechanic
GreasyTshirt I have a bad surging problem in an 06 hino, stepping on the throttle goes up very irradic with rough idle, check engine will then come on run smooth let idle light goes out then repeats, any ideas

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
GreasyTshirt I have a bad surging problem in an 06 hino, stepping on the throttle goes up very irradic with rough idle, check engine will then come on run smooth let idle light goes out then repeats, any ideas
Without knowing which diagnostic codes are being set, this will be difficult to diagnose. The parts are too expensive for me to rattle off a list of things to try.