2006 hino 268 fuel not equalizing passenger tank running empty!

davidw787

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey guys my hino 268 right side passenger tank started running empty way faster than normal , I looked in drivers side tank it’s full, it’s pulling from one returning to other leaving me out of fuel. Just put on a new fuel pump house an filter an suggestions?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
It sounds like maybe there's something clogging the left tank if it's not pulling fuel from it. Does your 2006 still have its original steel tanks? Those like to rust inside and rusty chunks get caught up in the elbows on the tops of the tank and sometimes the tank pickup tubes. I'd have a good look at all the fuel lines to make sure none got pinched or crushed.

Reactions: davidw787

davidw787

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks
It sounds like maybe there's something clogging the left tank if it's not pulling fuel from it. Does your 2006 still have its original steel tanks? Those like to rust inside and rusty chunks get caught up in the elbows on the tops of the tank and sometimes the tank pickup tubes. I'd have a good look at all the fuel lines to make sure none got pinched or crushed.
thanks I blew through all the lines and the breathers with a air gun an so far so good appreciate the response!