2003 Hino FE2620 Need Help Displaying ABS Blink Codes

Chris R.

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Heres what happen short version: Front right drum spring broke and damaged the abs wheel speed sensor and the metal sprocket that the sensor reads. Some of the teeth were bent a little... we did all the repairs replaced the springs replaced the sensor and were unable to find the "toothed sprocket "( dont know what its called) but did a really nice job straightening the original piece making the teeth very uniform and equally spaced.. It fit perfectly.. doesnt rub the sensor stays the same distance from the sensor which is very close to it ...but when driving it after about 1 mile the ABS light comes on and stays on until the key is turned off..The ABS light does not return until you drive it again for about a mile..The mechanic that did the repairs for us will take responsibility for it if we can get the ABS Codes that say the problem is from the front right wheel... he says could be anyone of the wheels. I bought a 9 pin round plug to OBD2 adapter and with a scanner tried to retrieve the codes but I believe this model is J08C and is not recognized by the scanner that we have...MY question is there any scanner in the $150 to $300 range..I did see the Laptops but dont want to spend $2500 on it..If not how can I get the truck to flash the abs codes i have no clue and dont want to go screwing anything up by jumping the connecters on the diagnostic plug.. . I attached a picture of the ABS ECU if that is of any use ... I also have "Chapter 78" from the work book but it mentions nothing about ABS fault indicator. I messaged Greasytshirt already but he has not replied yet, as im sure he is just as busy as the rest of us..Thanks
Chris R.

Vin# JHBFE2JM841S10538

Attachments

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2007 Hino 338. I have the codes for that truck year. I don’t know if it’s the same but PM me with your email and I’ll email it to you. It mite be the same.