2002 Hino dies when you press throttle, intermittent and not always at same throttle position

Standp73

New Recruit
Mechanic
this thing just randomly dies/shuts of when you press/play with gas pedal, no check engine light and no obvious visual damage that i can tell. is there a common known issue ? new to the group forgive me if i'm posting in wrong room. thanks

Last edited:

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are in the right spot but you will have to wait for some knowledgeable guys on this. Welcome, hold on, they will answer..I hope you have some kind of mechanic experience.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I've never heard of this problem with a TICS pump.

Make 100% sure there's an uninterrupted, air-free fuel supply to the engine. Make sure the shutoff cable isn't pulling the lever at all in the run position. There may be a governor fault or a sticking fuel rack or something, but I can't diagnose that over the internet.

Standp73

New Recruit
Mechanic
Thanks all,,, as greasytshirt mentioned, there’s a manual shut off cable, apparently there was corrosion in the cable it self and apparently someone had pulled it, when pushed back in, the handle it self was all the way in but the lever on the pump was partially “pulled” , moved lever by hand and all worked normal,,, new cable, working great. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: greasytshirt