2000 Corn-Binder DT466E Fuel Primer

Brent Chalmers

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I am about to replace the fuel filter on my International DT466E ......and its gonna be MY first time. I'm sure this old girl knows how its done.
My problem is that where everyone on You-Twit or Book-Face, has sum kinda hand pump primer for the fuel filter..while mine is set up all Hi-tech...and has a tire valve end to apply compressed air.

How much air pressure do I use to prime. I don't want to be using 120 PSI live air if its gonna blow the guts out of it.
what is the recommended air pressure???

guido4475

Not a Member
I am about to replace the fuel filter on my International DT466E ......and its gonna be MY first time. I'm sure this old girl knows how its done.
My problem is that where everyone on You-Twit or Book-Face, has sum kinda hand pump primer for the fuel filter..while mine is set up all Hi-tech...and has a tire valve end to apply compressed air.

How much air pressure do I use to prime. I don't want to be using 120 PSI live air if its gonna blow the guts out of it.
what is the recommended air pressure???

Why would someone inject air into a fuel system? I think you are looking at the air governor, perhaps. You should be looking for the end of an angled upright cylider that has an end cap on it that has grips around the perimiter of the unscrewable cap that can be tight because of the rubber seal on the mating surface of the cap. It is a fine thread cap. Once unscewed, it will take a whole bunch of pushing this cap on a rod in and out begmfore you start to feel resistance. Pump it until you can barely push it in, than screw it tight. This may have to be repeated. I always made sure the new filter was filled with clean fuel as well. There also is a small 1.5 inch diameter by 2.5 inch long canister before the filter, known and callled by International as a "rock catcher", that caught the more large particles before entering the fuel filter. Unscrewable to empty and put back on. I hope this helps.

Reactions: dalscott

Brent Chalmers

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Ya...I understand what you are saying. I wondered about air in a fuel system? The air valve deal seems to be in the place of where the hand pump should be.... I will post a picture later today...perhaps it will shed some light on the situation.