$200 Reward for information

floridawheels

Active Expediter
(I posted this quite some time ago but have not been successful yet)

$200 reward

I am STILL looking for any assistance available in locating a '08-10 Hino with a 6 speed Allison transmission. I need to get some numbers from the outside of the transmission control computer. With the correct number information I have located a shop that will program a transmission control computer for me.

OR....

If I can find a wrecked truck, of the same description above, I can just purchase the transmission control computer from it.

I AM WILLING TO PAY $200 for the information I need!!

Specifically, I need:

From a '08-10 Hino 338 with a 6 speed Allison:
1) Truck VIN
2) Transmission serial number (A picture of the tag from the side (Passenger side of truck) would be ideal)
3) All the info from the data tag on the transmission control computer. The transmission control computer is located on the frame close to the transmission. There is a metal cover over it that will have to be removed to be able to see the tag, (Got to do just a little work for that $200...lol) There is a serial number and several other lines of numbers on the transmission control computer. A clear picture of the tag would be ideal but you can write it all down if that works better for you.

4) OR information about where there is a suitable truck in a junkyard that I can purchase the computer... (Would actually rather have this option!)

Successful procurement of either earns you the reward..

Post here or send me a direct email.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Hino dealer is far behind me unfortunately, 6 hours behind on a rush shipment

How come no one has the info?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Still looking, $$ still available...
Try that shop in Woodhaven Mich. Right next to the Detroiter truck stop, Where TST bases their trucks out of and does all their xdocks. I couldn't tell you what name they operate under this year but I'm told there is a assortment of trucks there that have been cannibalized for one reason or another. Shot in the dark, I haven't been over there in a long time.

Reactions: Treadmill

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Try that shop in Woodhaven Mich. Right next to the Detroiter truck stop, Where TST bases their trucks out of and does all their xdocks. I couldn't tell you what name they operate under this year but I'm told there is a assortment of trucks there that have been cannibalized for one reason or another. Shot in the dark, I haven't been over there in a long time.
It's called... get ready for this.... TST.

TST Expedited Services Inc. - Google Search

floridawheels

Active Expediter
I'll call them Monday, not likely to get the desired results but I'll certainly make a call..

In the meantime, reward is still available.....

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Regardless what google tells ya, the place does not belong to TsT. (Unless something changed again)
TsT mearly rents floor space from them and hires them to do all the xdock work. That is the building I purchased my truck from and at that time it was Aluim Bunk then several name changes came after that, Crew Chief, Jane Truck Center.
Who they operate as now, I have no idea.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Regardless what google tells ya, the place does not belong to TsT. (Unless something changed again)
TsT mearly rents floor space from them and hires them to do all the xdock work. That is the building I purchased my truck from and at that time it was Aluim Bunk then several name changes came after that, Crew Chief, Jane Truck Center.
I'm on West Rd twice a week. The sign out front says TST.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

I'm on West Rd twice a week. The sign out front says TST.

Understood..
Doesn't mean they own the place. At one time they needed a U.S address to work/operate here, so they rented floorspace from Alumni Bunk.
They use to have a sign that says quality truck repair also.. Lol
(I couldn't resist)
If it really matters I know a guy that lives in the parking lot, I'll find out who owns it later/next time I talk to him

Reactions: ucfd608 and Ragman