1st Outs

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Wow...according to the message today....we shouldn't have numerous 1st outs in a single location....wonder how long that will last? :rolleyes:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Dave, I just thought it was funny that this message came out....we've all seen numerous 1st out's on a single board. How many number "1's" can there be? Seems to me the smartest move is "whoever is closest to the pickup" no matter if you have a so called "1st out" or not. We all have to realize that Panther is in it to make money...so are the contractors....hopefully there is a "meet in the middle". Bottom line...if we can't make a profit, we don't take the load...1st out or not. :)

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Dave, I just thought it was funny that this message came out....we've all seen numerous 1st out's on a single board. How many number "1's" can there be? Seems to me the smartest move is "whoever is closest to the pickup" no matter if you have a so called "1st out" or not. We all have to realize that Panther is in it to make money...so are the contractors....hopefully there is a "meet in the middle". Bottom line...if we can't make a profit, we don't take the load...1st out or not. :)

To be honest with you that's how it works even if you have a first out if there is a truck that is a lot closer to the load they will get it most of the time because of the time frame to pick the load up. The first out really only counts if all things are equal. People need to remember the first priority is to service the customer no customer no need for us.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
since starting here a yr and half ive been offerdb 1st out many times after the first time i realized there useless never used them since