1990 MCI CITY BUS

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Somebody stop me from buying a 1990 MCI 40 ft low floor bus and turning it into a man cave!!!

Saw locally for $1600, was in service up to last year

I'm seeing my own bathroom/shower, heated workshop, and general all around escape the wife and kids utopia!

It has a wheelchair lift for motorcycles / snowmobiles / large amplifiers and is a generous 10 ft wide. There is cheap parking at a local storage facility where I can crank it up to 11 with no complaints!! Cut a hole in the floor, drive out on the lake, and ice fish from my leather couch!! Chop off the back, put ramps, and drive the family car in for toasty routine maintenance chores! Put my beer fridge to good use without hearing about how many or how fast I've drunk em!

Sure it gets 7 mpg and I don't have a bus license but minor details.

Here's a vid of somebody that went crazy on an RV conversion to get the wheels turning for all you talking about retirement

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How long would it take for Mississauga Transit to figure out there was an extra bus on the streets that wasn't them?

Could pay more than expediting. Call it Group Uber.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At least a bus license over here in Ontario, air brakes. Sanity may prevail - there's a 32' rv near me for 1500 obo...many things to go wrong on a Detroit Diesel...and apparently the 6V-92A can't get out of its own way pushing a bus so 60 mph is not a guarantee :p

And I figured out where the engine is...chopping the back off would be a bad idea

Reactions: coalminer

tknight

Veteran Expediter
In the states all you need is a drivers license is high maintenance owning a vehicle That size conversions are very nice are used to have a 40 footer and even a washer and dryer as well as all the other goodies 10 foot wide are you sure the widest I've ever seen is 102 inches would be a very nice project

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the states all you need is a drivers license is high maintenance owning a vehicle That size conversions are very nice are used to have a 40 footer and even a washer and dryer as well as all the other goodies 10 foot wide are you sure the widest I've ever seen is 102 inches would be a very nice project

Oh it's the ultimate conversion! Probably wrong about the 10 feet, it's 102 inches, they brought in metric when I was in school and it screws me up even now. Part of what scared me off is the costs of maintenance (and driving)...but what a custom rv!

And here it's either the weight or the air brakes but ive gotta upgrade the license...they license those silly e bikes if they do over 30 mph...

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are people here in the states that buy a twin axle tractor, take the big 5th wheel off, put a smaller one on it for pulling a camper and register it as a rv, and drive it with a regular license. Kind of nuts actually.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are people here in the states that buy a twin axle tractor, take the big 5th wheel off, put a smaller one on it for pulling a camper and register it as a rv, and drive it with a regular license. Kind of nuts actually.

Gotta look into that one :D

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
5511_57_2.jpg 5511_57_15.jpg Decided if I get ANY long run this month its a done deal. Life is too short to piss around

Last edited: