1099 misc from lrt

MCGohio1985

Active Expediter
I have not recieved my 1099 misc from LRT I called yesterday and talked to John who would not pick up his ext but did pick up the dispatch line. He told me that they had not gone out yet and they may be out by friday but he could not guarentee it. Was my understanding they were to be sent out by Jan 31. When I worked for LRT it took them 5 weeks to get a check, and I had to drive 250 miles to get the check. I would not refer anyone to running for this company. I dont know when I will be home again to get my taxes done so would be nice if I had all my 1099s.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I have not recieved my 1099 misc from LRT I called yesterday and talked to John who would not pick up his ext but did pick up the dispatch line. He told me that they had not gone out yet and they may be out by friday but he could not guarentee it. Was my understanding they were to be sent out by Jan 31. When I worked for LRT it took them 5 weeks to get a check, and I had to drive 250 miles to get the check. I would not refer anyone to running for this company. I dont know when I will be home again to get my taxes done so would be nice if I had all my 1099s.

They had to be in the mail Jan 31

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And this is in the Truck Talk forum because...??

This won't keep you from doing your taxes. Just use what you have from your own records to figure what they paid you.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Put it under "other income"

I am not a tax advisor. but that is what i did with a company that flat out refused to provide a 1099

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
My boyfriend just told me two days ago he doesn't have his either.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

MCGohio1985

Active Expediter
I don't think he will be in business much longer if he keeps running his business this way. If my paperwork was late to them they wanted to charge back anywhere from 5%-20% wish we could all charge him back.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ok here is the thing, you can use a estimate of your pay, but document you not getting a 1099. Do the taxes as if you got one.

If there is a large number of people not getting their 1099, it will trigger an audit.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Ok here is the thing, you can use a estimate of your pay, but document you not getting a 1099. Do the taxes as if you got one.

If there is a large number of people not getting their 1099, it will trigger an audit.

Just to clarify for those afraid of the IRS (hey.. who isn't?) the person who failed to provide the 1099 will be the one audited.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Call the company and tell them you didn't receive your 1099. Give them 5 days to get it to you and then report them to the IRS. Let the IRS deal with them and advise you how to go about filing your tax return without a 1099.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Morning All,

If you have not recieved your 1099 by Friday Feburary 10, 2012, You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040, ask for the business division or press the key for that division, wait
for an operator and as to speak to someone. DO NOT HANG UP!!!!! . iT MIGHT BE 10-15 MIN, BUT HOLD.
If you have kept all of the settelment papers that you should of recieved there should be no problem in doing your taxes. but with the 1099 it would be easier.
There are items on a the settlement sheet that should of been transferred to a ledger, if anything that was paid out of that settlement, satellite, liability insurance, occupational insurance, etc. you have to have a record for the expense to be deducted, you must keep thoughs records for 3 years or more since you are an owner/operator.

The IRS has the right to audit you up to 3 years from the date of filing your returns.
If you do not file your return by the due date of April 15, This tax year 2011 you have until April 17, 2012. If you do not have the time, you may request an extension that will expire on Oct 15, 2012, but if you owe any Federal tax, weather it be tax, Self-employment it is figured together. You will pay the interest and penalities on that tax owed. the only thing that the extension saves you is the 22-25% late filing fee.

Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039 Fax: (704) 739-3934
e-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: http://prep.1040.com/frankstax
Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB,

Providing Professional Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Income Tax Preparation Services

Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding related

penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax
related matters addressed herein.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I heard computers were stolen, and it wasn't his book keeper. but that's just a rumor.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

There's a phenomena in the business world known as "Daily Data Backup and Offsite Storage"...even if it's just some thumb drives and the boss's glove box. Both data-sensitive places I worked performed nightly backups (on a much grander scale, of course) and the backed up media was sent to a different location every morning. Heck, I back up business data on my PC and I'm a nobody.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

UncleTed

Not a Member
The company the OP speaks of has many issues which have been spoken of in the forums often. Simply estimate what you have earned from the culprit who is holding up your 1099, in writing, and file your taxes as you normally would. It is your responsibility to file. It is the culprit's responsibility to file a 1096 with the IRS detailing what was paid to you.

Last edited:

idtrans

Expert Expediter

leave John alone he's busy screaming and abusing drivers ok! lrt is a joke glad to see more people speaking out on John's abusive behavior!