10 unfriendly tax states

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was surprised that Illinois didn't make the list. I read a story not too long back that moving vans are going the wrong way here (people leaving the state, rather than coming in) and that high taxes are one big reason why.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I see Tennessee is tied for #7. Tennessee has zero state income tax. The single paragraph article cites health, safely and pollution as being areas where Tennessee blows chunks.

Maybe where I'm at isn't so bad. We pay a little, but we get more than a little in return.

tolandch

Seasoned Expediter
You have to understand they have an agenda, Notice almost all southern states, where they have low taxes, cost of living is lower and less government. The south is not part of the medias agenda thus they fudge with the numbers. California New York and other blue states are losing in pop due to cost, but aren't on list. Think who makes list, study the facts. Buyer beware.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody that drives this country like we do, knows that there is not a single state that gives you adequate infrastructure for the money they take. Texas seems to be the only state where we have seen significant improvements going on.. Now from a tax standpoint after retirement? Texas was the the least in your pocket with a close second for Tennessee... This is one of the many reasons we ended up moving to Texas from NY...

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Didn't even hit the link, as soon as I saw it was a MSN list I knew it was garbage.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2