$1.00 here a $1.75 here and so on...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
One thing we have sure noticed as there are a lot of $1.00 and $1.75 dollar fees.

There are also a lot of funny rules that we are learning to exploit and I am sure we will learn more.

First on our settlement card when we are dealing with any agent that is NOT an Express Agent we have them load as much as possible on our settlement card instead of our fuel card.

We have our settlement card set up to buy fuel and this works our pretty good all the way around as we get more money loaded that we can use immediatly.

From what I understand the Express agents can only load money on the fuel card and so I have them only load the FSC money.

We use the fuel card until it gets low and then we use the settlement card. So far this arraignment suits us fine and I have cut out a couple of the $1.00 charges!

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Each week, I leave enough fuel money on my settlement card for the next week . Then deposit the rest. This way, I avoid all the load fees.
The direct scan fees and direct deposit fee are all that is left.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The $1 direct scan fee, per load, applies regardless of truck stop scan or in truck scan.
And $1.75 + $1 for direct deposit each week.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I've never used my fuel card. You get the same fuel discount whether you use the fuel card or the settlement card. I used to keep about 1k on my settlement card to use for fueling and other things if needed, but found out to be way to much. So I lowered it to $500. Never ran out of money even though I never took an advance.

This way I kept the fees to a minimum, and made reconciling the statement at the end of the week easier.

BUT, I was in a lowly Sprinter.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I had planned to move to only using our settlement card till we had a agent only able to load our fuel card. I suppose I could just not get an advance on those loads but it works out to use both.

Flying Van I agree with the $1000 as I kept that on the card for us and with the fuel prices so low I realized I needed to lower that amount to $500 and that has worked out very well.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One other way to save on the transfer fees, if you go go the bank when home just register a comcheck and walk it into the bank and give it to them, also make them call it in while there, because they can forget to call it in to Comdata.

Also try and only transfer money to the bank every other week if possible.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried something today with my capital one 360 online account. I did a small comcheck of 53 dollars and tried the photo deposit. it worked after I put the date on the check, it was turned down for voided check because I forgot the date the first time

My bank had it cleared within 20 min......don't know about other banks but that will save a person 1 dollar a deposit... Not much but it adds up.

Reactions: Greg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Check to make sure you aren't charged a service fee for mobile deposits. Most banks charge about 50 cents.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not charged with capital one 360,

What bank do you have that charged you to deposit?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you aren't charged a fee, that's good.

I really don't want to publicly announce my bank, but, for example, US Bank, and my previous bank, Regions, both charge 50 cents for a mobile picture deposit. More and more, banks are looking to monetize mobile banking with fees. Regions, in addition to the standard 50 cents (standard processing time), for $3 you can get access to the funds deposited overnight, or for $5 you get immediate access to it. At my bank, at least I get access to the money the next day without having to pay $3.

My bank also has a $1000 limit on a mobile deposit, which I think is stupid, but most banks have a limit.

Another thing I think is stupid is, you can't do a US Postal money order with mobile deposit. At least with my bank you can't.