07 hino hose that connects to turbo keeps coming loose any suggestions?

gboss

Rookie Expediter
I thought it was the hose so replace hose and clamp did good for 200 miles and once it warms up the hose starts coming loose. It like pressure force the clamp off . Any suggestions would help

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I thought it was the hose so replace hose and clamp did good for 200 miles and once it warms up the hose starts coming loose. It like pressure force the clamp off . Any suggestions would help

Is the hose an OEM Hino hose? I know they are super expensive, but they work well. The Hino clamps are also thicker metal with beveled edges, compared to off the shelf hose clamps. The newest trucks are coming with two clamps on each end. Tightening with a screwdriver isn't enough. I use a 7mm socket on a 1/4" drive ratchet to crank them down.

Periodic retightening will be necessary.
Just in case you are having an overboost problem, hit both of the VNT link joints with Loctite Nickel Antiseize. Yes, it's expensive, but it works extremely well. I highly recommend putting this stuff on any exhaust system fastener that is being reassembled.

Amazon.com: Anti-Seize Compounds: Home Improvement

You can find it cheaper than this if you look. One can will last a long time.

gboss

Rookie Expediter
I'm in San Antonio Texas. I would stop by to get my truck if your are close I'm using off the shelf clamps but the hose is oem. I will try to stop by Rush truck to get the clamps and try your suggestions.