“Let Detroit Go Bankrupt.”

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No need to 'let Detroit go bankrupt" As soon as they finish closing down the fire department it will burn down. Which would be a good thing, less to clean up when we go to start over.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Old Mitt was right when he wanted the car industry to go bankrupt. He never said anything about the City of Detroit going bankrupt. Had we let them (GM and Chrysler) file, they would have reoganized and the taxpayers wouldn't have been on the hook for billions. Instead we threw billions of taxpayer dollars in on their wasteful spending and to the unions.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's kind of funny that they were bailed out and I still lost every penny that I had invested in GM stock. Lucky I did good with Ford.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It's kind of funny that they were bailed out and I still lost every penny that I had invested in GM stock. Lucky I did good with Ford.

Does not Europe make everything we need to drive anyway? What American made car do we really need that we cannot get from overseas? I want one of those English double decker busess so I can carry all the grandkids at once and put them on the top.

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
Does not Europe make everything we need to drive anyway? What American made car do we really need that we cannot get from overseas? I want one of those English double decker busess so I can carry all the grandkids at once and put them on the top.

you could haul skids on the bottom, that way you have work and play together.