Goodbye to the J

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The corporate name has changed but does that name change apply to the retail stores?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I would say that the stores will be re-branded as well. You don't re-fo your logo just for stationary? I would think the Speedway locations will be re-branded too and might be the impetus for the change? As long as they keep giving we vanners free showers they will continue to be my favorite.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would say that the stores will be re-branded as well. You don't re-fo your logo just for stationary? I would think the Speedway locations will be re-branded too and might be the impetus for the change? As long as they keep giving we vanners free showers they will continue to be my favorite.

Your showers are not free .... :givemechocolate:

I think this has to do with Buffett's initial purchases of shares. I believe the agreement calls for Berkshire to take a bigger piece of the pie in the future. Can't remember exactly, need to look that up. Regardless, I don't think the Flying J name gets removed on stores. Why have one brand when you can have two? Coke, Pepsi ... McD's Burger King ... blah, blah ...

Reactions: Turtle

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remember too some people will only go to Flying J and not Pilot and vice versa. Just keep all the revenue streams coming in.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Oops, forgot you're a gaser ....
I honestly don't know how they're regular gas compares to other stores.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Oops, forgot you're a gaser ....
I honestly don't know how they're regular gas compares to other stores.
I find them to be competitive in their market with other " non top tier" fuels. And, lower than Shell or Mobile, etc. Quite often they are cheapest in the area. That being said, every few tanks I run a top tier OR add a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner which adds .15/gal to that particular fill-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizzly and Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your showers are not free .... :givemechocolate:
Mine are! Every time I fuel purchasing 15 gallons of gas or more and using my super duper Flying/Pilot Professional driver card I get ½ shower credit. Combining two ½ shower credits gives me one whole shower credit which can be redeemed for a free shower.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine are! Every time I fuel purchasing 15 gallons of gas or more and using my super duper Flying/Pilot Professional driver card I get ½ shower credit. Combining two ½ shower credits gives me one whole shower credit which can be redeemed for a free shower.

I used that card for a few years. Past 2 years or so it hasn't made sense if your vehicle uses diesel. Their diesel price is a rip off of major proportions. You'd save money buying cheaper fuel elsewhere & purchasing showers.

Btw, I believe it's 14 gal per 1/2 shower credit ....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I try not to Shower at Truckstops anymore , I only buy gas once a week tops nowadays, and the Towels are cleaner at "Home " ..

sent from my Recliner..