And This....is 2020

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apparently there was one single member of the Baseball Writers' Association of America that did not vote for Derek Jeter to be inducted to the Hall of Fame.

Dude must be from Iowa .... lol
Hey now , .. even
though I am not a Yankee fan I do enjoy watching Baseball. Jeter was a Great player for the Yankees , But a 100 % vote getter on first ballot, Sorry, IMO No One is perfect in Everyone's eyes . Not in every Sport , Political Views, Job performance or Marriage.
And to the Extent of Damage that Jeter has done to the Florida Marlins organization I am sure some Voters looked at that "Even Though " they were voting on him as a Player to the Hall of Fame. I actually Acknowledge people Voted into Hall of Fames , but never watch the Ceremonies .

sent from my Recliner..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I heard this was the place former expediters hang out ;)

Oddly, now that my emotional attachment is broken, not sure what I'm going to do with the van.
Complete it's RV transformation, keep it/sell it. Have a raffle :cool:
Would be a sweet deal for someone with say 15K cash, but not for sale...yet.

All I know, is it looks a little naked now :JC-hysterical:

IMG_5210.JPG

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Oddly, now that my emotional attachment is broken, not sure what I'm going to do with the van.
Complete it's RV transformation, keep it/sell it. Have a raffle :cool:
Would be a sweet deal for someone with say 15K cash, but not for sale...yet.

All I know, is it looks a little naked now :JC-hysterical:

View attachment 19720
You could "Winter " store it as Snow Fence in South Dakota...

sent from my Recliner..

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
397805933929710424a4fe7370631bf0--too-funny-rv.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did try authentic lutefish in a Swedish restaurant and believe my ancestors should be ashamed of themselves for foisting that on unsuspecting diners.
I've lived all my life in Minnesota but have never eaten lutefisk. When I was doing the LTL thing I would often pick up/deliver to the Olsen Fish Company. One day I delivered what I thought was bundles of irregular shaped wood planks. I asked if it was some special wood for smoking fish. When he finished laughing, he explained that it wasn't wood but dried cod. After soaking the cod in a lye solution it was deemed ready for consumption as lutefisk.

If you like pickled herring, Olsen makes the best, by far!

Reactions: Grizzly

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had to get a tooth pulled today o_O
1st time for anything like this.
I was pretty freaked out over this, and seeing his tray of midevil looking torture devices didn't relax me.
I had a option for anesthesia, but truth be told, I'm more scared of going under then having a tooth pulled :rolleyes:

So I just went the numbing route.
I must say, my dentist was great. I felt nothing, and the extraction was over in about 2 mins.
Best dental experience ever.

It's been 7 hrs. I keep wondering when the pain is going to start. I got some nice pain med scripts filled, but there just on stand by at this point. Maybe I'll feel worse in the morning :rolleyes:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Before he was a sensation with the Lakers, he was a sensation in high school; the same one I attended many years before him.

Farewell #33, Lower Merion’s own, Kobe Bryant

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Another one of life's hard lessons, neither fortune or fame can stop fate. Tomorrow may never arrive

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan and Ragman

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Had to get a tooth pulled today o_O
1st time for anything like this.
I was pretty freaked out over this, and seeing his tray of midevil looking torture devices didn't relax me.
I had a option for anesthesia, but truth be told, I'm more scared of going under then having a tooth pulled :rolleyes:

So I just went the numbing route.
I must say, my dentist was great. I felt nothing, and the extraction was over in about 2 mins.
Best dental experience ever.

It's been 7 hrs. I keep wondering when the pain is going to start. I got some nice pain med scripts filled, but there just on stand by at this point. Maybe I'll feel worse in the morning :rolleyes:
I had wisdom teeth removed when I was 25 - holy krap did it hurt. Since, during a time without dental insurance, I have had 3 teeth pulled using Novocaine and no problems. Faced with $300 to pull a tooth or $1400 for root-canal and a cap I said "go get you vise grips doc"

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had wisdom teeth removed when I was 25 - holy krap did it hurt. Since, during a time without dental insurance, I have had 3 teeth pulled using Novocaine and no problems. Faced with $300 to pull a tooth or $1400 for root-canal and a cap I said "go get you vise grips doc"

For mine, the tooth was cracked and causing a gum infection and couldn't be saved. So mine had to come out :(

$300 for removal. Most likely I'll look into a implant next, after my dental insurance kicks in to help with the cost. Implants are a tad pricey :ohsnapcouch:

If there was any good news. I seem to be having a best case recovery.
Healing nicely, with absolutely no pain or discomfort at all.

Guess I didn't need to fill the scripts for pain meds :rolleyes:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Off topic a bit but, my vote is RV conversion RoadTime. I have had mine planned out for a while.
I wonder what I will be able to do with my 350 Transit when I pack it in in Rocktober? In reasonable condition with all the comforts of home, AC on roof, Jenny mounted undercarriage, house battery bank, micro, TV, fridge and set up for team with bunk beds. The truck will have about 650,000 by then, the engine 350,000 and tranny under 100,000. I don't want an RV, so, what's it's value??

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder what I will be able to do with my 350 Transit when I pack it in in Rocktober? In reasonable condition with all the comforts of home, AC on roof, Jenny mounted undercarriage, house battery bank, micro, TV, fridge and set up for team with bunk beds. The truck will have about 650,000 by then, the engine 350,000 and tranny under 100,000. I don't want an RV, so, what's it's value??

It's worth it's weight in metal .... scrap metal.

Reactions: RoadTime