Winter Windshield Tips

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There are two things I have learned about windshields that have helped me. Freeze the windshield - This one is not fun but it works really well and you will need your coat. Turn your defrost to cold and get the windshield as cold as possible by lowering your visors to hold the cold on the windshield. This will keep snow or ice from sticking to the windshield. Keep it as cold as needed to keep ice from forming. The second idea is to put the defrost on as hot as possible and lower the visors to hold the heat in and this will melt the wet snow that sticks to the top of the windshield. It just depends on what type of winter weather conditions you are driving in to what windshield tip will work best.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use a combo of 75% rubbing alcohol and 25% tap water in a cheap ($1.00) spray bottle.

Buy the alcohol and spray bottle at Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks.

Doesn't hurt the paint or rubber around the windshield and is instantly effective.

Been using it on my vans over the years here in Ohio and is a super cheap alternative to scraping and wasting fuel running the engine just to melt the ice away.