The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reactions: RoadTime

dalscott

Expert Expediter
No. I understand the difference between a fact and an opinion. You can't fact-check an opinion
See? Excellent example of an opinion.

What’s the difference from my “opinion” and the cracks about Clinton, Obama and and our current speaker of the House?
I don’t see you coming ack on that garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The country loses when Trump wins.

Record low unemployment rate. Country loses. Trump wins.
Restructuring of NAFTA. Country loses. Trump wins.
Immigration reform. Country loses. Trump wins.
Huge economic recovery. Country loses. Trump wins.
Stock markets record highs. Country loses. Trump wins.

I can understand how some people have a dislike or even hatred for Trump the person. But the hatred toward Trump the President; his policies and accomplishments baffle me. You being recently retired, are you living off of SS and your bank savings account? Possibly you are drawing from a pension, IRA or some other retirement vehicle that depends on the stock and bond market. Think about it.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Possibly you are drawing from a pension, IRA or some other retirement vehicle that depends on the stock and bond market. Think about it.
No pension..... 401k and mutual fund accounts funded by myself for the last 45 years. Trump had nothing to do with my retirement funds.

dalscott

Expert Expediter

I can understand how some people have a dislike or even hatred for Trump the person. But the hatred toward Trump the President; his policies and accomplishments baffle me. You being recently retired, are you living off of SS and your bank savings account? Possibly you are drawing from a pension, IRA or some other retirement vehicle that depends on the stock and bond market. Think about it.

Do you mean the lower unemployment rates and better economy that began under Obama and rose throughout his presidency? Amazing how he and his sheep forget about that fact. I’ll give Trump credit for keeping it going. At least for now. Let’s see what happens in the next two years. I hope it continues. I also agree with what he’s trying to do with trade. I’ve been preaching on bringing our tariffs back up to where they used to be and limiting imports like it seems everyone else does to us.
That’s one thing I feel that Obama and Clinton were very wrong about.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

Do you mean the lower unemployment rates and better economy that began under Obama and rose throughout his presidency? Amazing how he and his sheep forget about that fact. I’ll give Trump credit for keeping it going. At least for now. Let’s see what happens in the next two years. I hope it continues. I also agree with what he’s trying to do with trade. I’ve been preaching on bringing our tariffs back up to where they used to be and limiting imports like it seems everyone else does to us.

Obama started at the Great Recession. It would have been hard pressed to do worse. Obama doesn’t get compared to Clinton or HWBush, because they destroyed him. You only compare Obama to GWBush because he’s the only President in recent history Obama beats.

To say Trump is only continuing what Obama started is like saying the economic collapse was Bill Clinton’s fault, and the recovery is because of GWBush.

Reactions: Moot and RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Obama started at the Great Recession. It would have been hard pressed to do worse. Obama doesn’t get compared to Clinton or HWBush, because they destroyed him. You only compare Obama to GWBush because he’s the only President in recent history Obama beats.

To say Trump is only continuing what Obama started is like saying the economic collapse was Bill Clinton’s fault, and the recovery is because of GWBush.
Obama took over when the economy was almost bottoming out. So essentially, no where to go but back up. Except his policies exacerbated the snail like recovery. It could have been a lot better if Trump was in there for those 8 years. Less pain for average citizens who wanted a job.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Obama took over when the economy was almost bottoming out. So essentially, no where to go but back up. Except his policies exacerbated the snail like recovery. It could have been a lot better if Trump was in there for those 8 years. Less pain for average citizens who wanted a job.

Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttt!

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttt!

Are you unaware Obama took over during the Great Recession?

All you are comparing Obama to is GWBush. That’s not a comparison to Trump.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This opinion piece in the Washington Examiner nicely summarizes events of the last few weeks:

Excerpt: "The very fact that this president is trying to use dubious executive authority to solve a spurious 'national emergency,' to finance a wall he said Mexico would pay for, to make an end-run around a Congress that had offered him more wall money than he eventually settled for, after costing taxpayers billions of dollars and a nightmare of lost services in a government “shutdown” he deliberately engineered while having no idea how to “win” it, should make it blindingly obvious that he is as feeble a negotiator as the Oval Office has ever seen."

Full piece

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What’s the difference from my “opinion” and the cracks about Clinton, Obama and and our current speaker of the House?
I'm not sure why you put :eek:pinion" in quotes, but in any event, if "opinion" and "cracks" both mean "opinions," then nothing.

I don’t see you coming ack on that garbage.
Does "garbage" mean, "opinion I don't agree with?" If so, then it might be because I agree with said garbage, but you'd have to point me to something specific for me to be able to say for sure. But also keep in mind that I don't always voice my own garbade (onion, crack, tc.) in all cases, regardless of whether I agree or disagree.

If you like, though, I can' fact-ckeck your opinion about Trump being a joke ever since he got into office.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No pension..... 401k and mutual fund accounts funded by myself for the last 45 years. Trump had nothing to do with my retirement funds.
None of those accounts are in stocks and/or bonds? All in your local bank savings account. You're right. Trump had nothing to do with your retirement fund.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you mean the lower unemployment rates and better economy that began under Obama and rose throughout his presidency?
Did I say Trump? Yeah, I meant Obama. Both their first names are the same; President. I sometimes get confused. It was Obama's tax reform and re-negotiation of NAFTA that heated up the economy, set record stock market highs and lowered unemployment.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

September 11, 2001 was a major contributing factor to the Great Recession.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
None of those accounts are in stocks and/or bonds? All in your local bank savings account. You're right. Trump had nothing to do with your retirement fund.
Lets see....43 years various Presidents with various economic polices, 2 years Trump...... Yep, you are right, it was Trump filling my coffers with riches beyond my wildest dreams.

Reactions: davekc and dalscott

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets see....43 years various Presidents with various economic polices, 2 years Trump...... Yep, you are right, it was Trump filling my coffers with riches beyond my wildest dreams.
So you haven't realized any significant gain in your retirement plan these past two years? I have one word for you, plastics.

Reactions: muttly