It’s Fibuary !!!

guido4475

Not a Member
ntimevan, this was in your home state where they turn corn into ethanol. Jeez, just a few ounces of ethanol mixed in would have turned that blue ice into free flowing window wash.
I don't patronize Loves , they don't want our Business or allow us to park overnight if i did purchase gas there...
By the way Loves 2 latest New Locations in Iowa , I-35 Ellsworth, Iowa and I -20 Waterloo , Iowa are Both Poor Locations choices .. But heck what do i know only lived within 40 miles of both for 60 years .. ..

I feel the same way. And, because of that, I'll stop there and take an Obama and wipe my Hillary. At least I can do that there, without the risk of catching some unknown disease, like you can at a FlyingPilot.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stopped at a Loves this afternoon for gas and to wash my windows. The was bucket at my pump was frozen solid. I doubled checked the signage to verify I was at Loves and not a Flying Pilot.

I went to the next pump. Same thing. I even lifted the entire bucket off the ground by the long handled squeegee thing. The ambient temperature was 27°F. That's 27° F above zero. One bucket of washer could last these cheapskates months.
The great Peter Wolf from the J Geils Band said it best: “Loves Stinks”

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tried another attempt to fix my on going tablet issue.
Decided to try a different SD card brand, same results :rolleyes:
Both the SD card and SIM card will work, but not if they are both inserted.
It's one or the other only. So I pick the SIM card ;)

I give up :dash2:

Maybe someday I'll get a tablet brand I can pronounce :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a load 28 miles north of Calgary in Crossfield 1830 miles to Rouyn Noranda Quebec to a mine. Will prob do some miles to go home or to Toronto or Ottawa from there I bet but all in all 5400$ cdn round trip in 1 week that's my take

That's it!? I was curious about the rate when you posted the original load going out west. I'm very familiar with those roads in SK & AB, never driven that stretch through MB or ON. Those are some hard ass miles! With fuel prices up there ..... nope, not me ... not for that amount.

Be safe!!

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That didn't work. Got stuck twice and decided to camp by the cars waiting for service in the world famous Canadian Tire...

Reactions: ntimevan

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a load 28 miles north of Calgary in Crossfield 1830 miles to Rouyn Noranda Quebec to a mine. Will prob do some miles to go home or to Toronto or Ottawa from there I bet but all in all 5400$ cdn round trip in 1 week that's my take

That's it!? I was curious about the rate when you posted the original load going out west. I'm very familiar with those roads in SK & AB, never driven that stretch through MB or ON. Those are some hard ass miles! With fuel prices up there ..... nope, not me ... not for that amount.

Be safe!!

5400$ for 3850 miles that's all mine that's 1.41 a mile Canadian. I got 1.60 on the outbound to Calgary like 1.10 back bid to win it's not reliable out there sometimes u go back to Winnipeg or minny on the extra outbound $ . Btw that's about 1.10 on all miles Us I dont think anyone would complain

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tried another attempt to fix my on going tablet issue.
Decided to try a different SD card brand, same results :rolleyes:
Both the SD card and SIM card will work, but not if they are both inserted.
It's one or the other only. So I pick the SIM card ;)

I give up :dash2:

Maybe someday I'll get a tablet brand I can pronounce :D
I have the AT&T iPad plan unlimited data for $30 a month. And I don’t have an iPad, and it works in a hotspot router...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Excuse any fat fingered dislikes :p Can't remember the last time I actually disliked a post

Here's me exercising my O/O privilege and pulling over. High winds + no salt on 401 near 416 to Ottawa

Empty sprinters :rolleyes:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the detour home Google Maps had a special hill for me and a couple 5 ton's..

I was first and made it 80% to the top. Backed down (in drive, the hill was so steep I didn't even notice). Tried again, had to back down. By then I attracted our friendly OPP, I told him I'd try once more in second gear :p

Got 90% of the way, had to back down. While he turned the overhead lights on and talked to the five tons (and an audience of about twenty cars I was holding up) I put it in second and tried again...

90% of the way up. This time I put my brakes on, hit the ASR and held it at 4000 rpm for a few minutes. 95%. When that stopped working, turned ASR back on, for some reason it let me hit 4000 rpm and started walking side to side up the hill as each brake slammed on

So, home, back in service...looking for some new tires...