Locations & Banter , January 2019

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Report: darn near useless in a Sprinter (Olympian wave 3) but more heat than nothing

I'd insulate, but on a 2005 I'm almost too fat already to walk around the skids and strap them down

Reactions: ntimevan

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Some days there is light at the end of the tunnel ....

In n Out burger w Five Guys fries ftw.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Having time to kill and being by a Verizon corporate location, I stopped in to take another stab at fixing yet another issue with my tablet. Current issue is I can only use Wi-Fi to download/update Apps with Google Play Store, won't use data. Not a major problem, but inconvenient. However, the problem also affects downloading files with my gmail App. Which is rather irritating.

I had already done every possible fix I could find, after failed attempts at the store, technical support was brought into the picture. Well over a hour of trouble shooting later, the same result. At least, my trouble shooting information was correct, because everything they tried, I already tried.

This is a known issue with my ASUS Z10 Tablet, yet no final solution. It's obvious that something (probably simple) is causing this glitch, yet no one can figure it out. Verizon or Asus, and of course its past the warranty and still under contract for a month or so more :rolleyes:

So now I'm down to the final option from ASUS...

The dreaded factory data reset :eek:
This was the only option I have not done, and was really hoping it would not come down to this.
Besides being a major pain to restore everything lost, ASUS says it may or may not solve the problem o_O

So, do I feel lucky? It worked on Jurassic Park after all :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bit the bullet, and did the factory reset. Everything seems to be working, and thanks to google backup, all 109 Apps are rapidly downloading Fixed the problem and wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The big question will be will the EO App now work instead of immediately crashing

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
I bit the bullet, and did the factory reset. Everything seems to be working, and thanks to google backup, all 109 Apps are rapidly downloading Fixed the problem and wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The big question will be will the EO App now work instead of immediately crashing

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

I have a 9 year old Toshiba satellite series that is still working beautifully, even after being dropped from a 7 ft high shelf, onto the bed, off of the bed onto the floor, off of the floor into the aluminum diamond plate side door stepwell. I want to buy another laptop, but Toshiba quit making laptops. Too bad.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back up and running on the tablet.

Even the EO App works now. It's been so long since I've been able to use it, it seems really strange.
I think I prefer the webpage version now lol.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
With the amount of sitting I do, I cheeseburger is the least of my worries ..
I can only dream of those days. I haven't had fries, pizza, etc. For over 3 years. I lost the weight but age (and laziness) if fighting to get it back. I gained 2# just looking at your picture. This is week 6 of couch patrol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can only dream of those days. I haven't had fries, pizza, etc. For over 3 years. I lost the weight but age (and laziness) if fighting to get it back. I gained 2# just looking at your picture. This is week 6 of couch patrol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Please watch your Mailbox .. as i have sent you some Dominos, Pizza Hut Coupons. This of course is to assit you until you can get back Driving on the road ...

Whatever...

Reactions: Worn Out Manager