January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I Always use Self Check Out at Walmart if available. I hate standing in line at Human Cashier lanes . People have 100 items in cart , coupons , Debit/Credit cards that don't work , WIC/food stamps , or women digging through bottom of purse for loose change , Cashier or Customer Flirting back and forth .. I have no time for that BS . Self check out is about 1 minute or less , unless you have No Ability to follow the Screen...
As for taking away an Employee 's job , look around there is usually a Dozen Walmart employees walking around with their thumb stuck up their ( xxx)..

Whatever...

guido4475

Not a Member
I Always use Self Check Out at Walmart if available. I hate standing in line at Human Cashier lanes . People have 100 items in cart , coupons , Debit/Credit cards that don't work , WIC/food stamps , or women digging through bottom of purse for loose change , Cashier or Customer Flirting back and forth .. I have no time for that BS . Self check out is about 1 minute or less , unless you have No Ability to follow the Screen...
As for taking away an Employee 's job , look around there is usually a Dozen Walmart employees walking around with their thumb stuck up their ( xxx)..

Whatever...

You forgot the multitude of women who insist on holding something in one hand, (purse, wallet, coupons), as they use the other hand to unload the 100 plus items, one by one, onto the belt.

Than what is more comical is to throw an economy size Trojan magnum size box of condoms in their cart when they are not looking...than to try and get behind them in the checkout line, to see the expression on their face as they are holding this box in their hand in amazement, embarrassment as I am standing there, looking at them straight faced.

Or to find one of those real uppity yuppy types, all sophisticated and all, and ask them what isle something is in. The look on their face is priceless.

Ever notice how many women cant remember where they parked their car??...lmao..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My QC startled me o_O

I've had the new QC unit for a while now. Disclaimer: I never read the instructions :rolleyes:
A few weeks ago watching a YouTube video, someone was showing the same unit and that it had a voice command feature. I thought that was pretty interesting, but mine never did anything like that. Since several of my options are turned off, I figured the voice command was turned off on mine also.

Today I was watching another YouTube video and while they were talking about the QC, the video apparently triggered the QC to yell out.. "Hi, please state a command".

I practically jumped out of my seat in surprise :eek:

So it is turned on and always listening, that's a little creepy :D

Wonder if my old one had this feature?

Guess I should of read up on this one more, but since it's pretty much obsolete for me except for the occasional scan, I figured, why bother.

Oh well, something new to amuse me for a while :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member
Kinda quiet in here..I hope that everyone is staying warm and safe out there. Pure whiteout conditions at the moment here at home. Pretty ugly. Mom is ironically doing better, but still think she will not be living on her own anymore. It was a real emotional moment for her to have all her kids be there for her birthday.

guido4475

Not a Member
Mighty COLD morning in Detroit!!! Guido how much snow you guys get?

Over a foot here along the lake. More inland.

I sure love the Firestone winterforce tires I put on the rear wheel drive Grand Marquis. Better than a 4wd, I swear. They can only be used in 50 degree and lower temps because of the rubber compound. 150 bucks a tire, but so well worth it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Wow that is a surprise. It seemed so mild so far this winter that you just in no way thought of ice jams?

guido4475

Not a Member
My pickup in the town of Kent, Ohio seemed to not have a road department....lol roads were untouched, but it gave me the opportunity to test out the new Bridgestones on the van, which really impressed me with not only traction and braking, but ride as well.so far, sold on them. Heading to Tennessee...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Straight truck at Load One will cure that itch. Hehe.

That's a option still on the table ;)

I may (again) consider driving for a owner 1st, before buying one, to gather real world numbers to better justify the cost/risk of ownership.

I can only take hypothetical numbers so far, and so far, it's not a slam dunk :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

I may (again) consider driving for a owner 1st, before buying one, to gather real world numbers to better justify the cost/risk of ownership.

I can only take hypothetical numbers so far, and so far, it's not a slam dunk :rolleyes:

I am sure Brain could pull a number of example trucks data for you.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Headed for a pickup in Panama City Florida 130 miles away. Got to see more of the Hurricane results and clean up. I was pretty shocked to find out all of this was caused back in October I would have guessed much sooner, based on the clean up progress.

One of the most unbelievable sites was this building being turned up side down...

IMG_4719.JPG

Ok, turns out it was actually made that way, but sure got my attention

The Walmart here is just today moving food back to its normal place after repair work has been completed on a section. These trips around what looks like a war zone is really sad and amazing at the same time to see.

To make it more memorable...
After some delay and confusion at the shipper...the load canceled

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle and ntimevan

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I picked up a load today in Gainesville FL.
When I looked on the app there's no green pin showing for a load in Gainesville FL.
Is the app malfunctioning?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member

So you want to go from being as free as bird in a van to going into a straight, with the government dictating what you can and cant do, when and where? Have you lost youre mind?.lol..have you gone bonkers???...lol..

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I picked up a load today in Gainesville FL.
When I looked on the app there's no green pin showing for a load in Gainesville FL.
Is the app malfunctioning?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
I noticed that most of my loads if not all from the TN office do not show up on the app as a green pin.

We are all on one system so that shouldnt be possible? The system automatically updates the app every few minutes for loads, it isnt anything an office can do or not do or control.