The Trump Card...

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
It is presented to the American public as the answer to the illegal immigration problem. It clearly is not.
It is presented to the American people as just one of several measures to secure the southern border and stop people from illegally crossing it.
What other measures? All i hear is ... the wall, the wall, the wall!
That's kind of the problem, people hear what they want to hear, and don't bother ro find out the details.

DHS has identified about $5 billion in construction and infrastructure renovation needs at the 48 ports of entry on the US Mexican border. That includes more and better sensors to detect drugs and explosives. That will free up border guards to vet individuals. Barriers, such as a wall, fence, wence, will funnel more people to the ports of entry, where they can be vetted.

Provide more screeners and polygraph examiners to reduce the time needed to hire border patrol guards. Currently they interview, screen and polygraph 113 people for every hire, and the process takes an average of 292 days from start to hiring. One of the biggest problems at the border is not enough guard at the actual border.

Provide better inducements and incentives to retail personnel.

Body cameras.

Then the legal stuff, like removing the incentives and loopholes that attract illegal immigrants. No driver's licenses for illegals. No welfare of any kind, even to anchor babies. No more anchor babies. No more being able to cross the border illegally, get caught, and then yell the only English word you know, "assylum!" Make crossing the border illegally a criminal felony for the first offense, instead of a civil offense, make the penalty 1 year in prison and then deportation. A second offense, 10 years. A third offense, 25 years. If you are here illegally and commit a felony, it's like in prison. If you commit a misdemeanor, 10 years.
If I'm a immigrant and thinking of crossing illegally.....This sounds like "A hell of a big wall" to me

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And Survey says.....Wall of steel for show...... and...... a wall of laws and punishments to stop the flow
Yep. They know that because they're not from Mexico they can't be immediately deported back to Mexico, and they know if they bring a kid with them they can say "asylum" be be released into the US after 20 days, never to be seen again.

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Yeah, looks like money well spent.
Great deterrent ...
Like I've been saying...... walls don't work.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If 10 get through but you stop 100, then that is a win.
No need to complicate the simple.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Yeah, looks like money well spent.
Great deterrent ...
Like I've been saying...... walls don't work.
If walls don't work, and clearly, obviously, incontrovertibly, irrefutably, incontestably, without question, they don't, not even a little bit, not under any circumstance, I assume then you are advocating for the removal of all existing walls, fences and other barriers at the southern border. Walls don't work, at all, so why have them?

And while we're at it all the other walls, like walls around gated communities, White Houses, military bases, House Speaker's estates, automotive assembly plants, Vatican Cities, Israels, prisons, and corn mazes.

Obviously, walls aren't going to 100 percent effective (except for the wall between Israel and Egypt), and where a wall is porous even less so. But even a porous wall increases risk and slows down breaching. The 300 odd people that squirmed under the doggie tunnels in Arizona would have been thousands, or hundreds of thousands, if not for the wall.

Reactions: muttly and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

376 got through ....

Against how many attempts? I assure you that any barrier will slow people coming over. Just common sense. But in the meantime if it is just the political concern, The chief border patrol under Obama absolutely says the wall is needed. I will go with that thinking. Wonder why he thinks they are a good idea?

Reactions: Moot

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

376 got through ....

Against how many attempts? I assure you that any barrier will slow people coming over. Just common sense. But in the meantime if it is just the political concern, The chief border patrol under Obama absolutely says the wall is needed. I will go with that thinking. Wonder why he thinks they are a good idea?

More red vs blue ... right vs left .... snore ...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

376 got through ....

More red vs blue ... right vs left .... snore ...

No. It's not political from my prospective. Common sense. Both sides are to blame. Should have been years ago, but better late than never.

Reactions: Turtle and Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

376 got through ....

But 3,760 didn't.

Do you know how many attempted during this blitz? If they wanna get across, they will. How long has this been going on? Centuries? Millennium? People migrate ... is that new?

Only thing that's ever going to stop them, is the desire to stay in their own countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

376 got through ....

But 3,760 didn't.

Do you know how many attempted during this blitz? If they wanna get across, they will. How long has this been going on? Centuries? Millennium? People migrate ... is that new?

Only thing that's ever going to stop them, is wanting to stay in their own countries.
I really dont have a problem trying to stop the illegal immigration problem, but lets find and fix the problem, not waste billions with this folly.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Do you know how many attempted during this blitz?
I personally don't, but I'm sure DHS has the numbers.
If they wanna get across, they will.
That's what prisoners think. Few of them are right.
How long has this been going on? Centuries? Millennium? People migrate ... is that new?
Migration is not new at all. Illegal immigration, however, is relatively new. Whenever and wherever unrestrained immigration causes more problems than it's worth, restrictions are imposed to control immigration.
Only thing that's ever going to stop them, is the desire to stay in their own countries.
Well, massive numbers of drones armed with 40 caliber machine guns might.

Reactions: davekc

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why is illegal immigration relatively new? This country had pretty much open borders until the 20th century. It used to be that if you found a way here from whatever miserable corner of the world you came from, you were in. You made it here, you survived .. ok make 'em a citizen. Why doesn't that apply now? Answer: politics. Some are afraid of how these people will vote.

We have over 10 million illegal people living here. Are we ever going to round up all these people and deport them? Even though some people would like this pipe dream, it's never gonna happen ... like never! So why not just make them citizens? Answer: again politics.

I'm not a proponent for illegal immigration. My family legally immigrated, my wife did .. but the fervor with which we debate this topic is mind numbing. There are simpler solutions. Truth is, we like the argument.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really dont have a problem trying to stop the illegal immigration problem, but lets find and fix the problem, not waste billions with this folly.
Where do plan on finding this problem? Is it in the Detroit metro area? Is the problem in Michigan. How about the lower 48 states? Maybe add Alaska and Hawaii to the search list. No luck? Try looking at the countries these people are coming from. Do you see a problem there? Nothing trillions of dollars and a coup d'é·tat wouldn't cure.

The real problem with immigration to this country compared to 19th and early 20th century immigration is that we can't afford the strain on our current social services. We already have 4th, 5th and 6th generations of welfare recipients. Until we get that burden under control we can't afford to allow more uneducated, unskilled people into this country. Early immigrants filled a need for unskilled labor building railroads, mining, logging, law enforcement and the priesthood. Not much need for these positions today. With the exception of the priesthood. Also this country is in short supply of expedite cargo van operators. A job that could be fulfilled by unskilled immigrants.

The open border is more than just an immigration problem, it allows anyone, anything and everything free access to this country. Why do I have to have a FAST card, customs papers, etc. to enter Canada? Even more so, why do I have to have the same plus pay a fee to enter back into the USA, my country. Oh yeah, I'm a citizen with a job.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The problem for decades is it has become so political and through the dribble of liberal court decisions, you now have open borders. If they voted Republican the wall would have been up decades ago. Lol
that is why you need the wall. It is a more permanent decision on closing the border which is exactly why the democrats don't want it.

Reactions: Turtle

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All parties agree there will never be a physical barrier that 100% blocks our southern border.
Whatever small percentage remains open will be vulnerable & exploited.