Seeking advice on how to get started as an O/O

Richard Jameson

Account Suspended
Owner/Operator
Hi everyone

Newbie here from Los Angeles Ca looking to get my foot in the door as an O/O. To start off I have a couple years experience under my belt as a company driver delivering amazon packages in a cargo van and i'd like to become a Box Truck owner operator. I recently obtained my CDL-A Permit and I plan to take my behind the wheel/ trip inspection test sometime in the next couple weeks. I also have good credit, a decent down payment, and space to park in order to obtain a 26' Box truck. However, i'm not quite sure where to begin or what to look for when it comes to choosing a carrier. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
There's not much better than talking with O/O's, at different carriers, face to face over a cup of coffee. A great collection of straight trucks and owners and drivers can be found at the Petro Truck Stop in Ontario, CA. It is on I-10 exit 57, Milliken Ave. There is often a dozen or more parked in the front lot .

Reactions: TeamHutch

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you looking to just stay local doing deliveries in the so-cal area or are you looking to do OTR?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums