Locations & Banter , January 2019

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm officially old

I've noticed there's a bunch of kids giving the news for awhile now. That's fine, i don't care much about the news. But this morning they were talking about how millennials were offended by Seinfeld calling it racist and sexist.

Seinfeld.

I mean, I found the show a little boring, but offensive?

:p

If they really want to be offended, look up a movie call Hamburger the motion picture. I saw someone posted it on Youtube, but im sure its only a matter of time before it is removed.

Reactions: brokcanadian

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm at home and OOS today when my phone blew up. 4 load offers in the span of about 15 minutes. The four loads were loads I already had run since the beginning of the year. WTF?

Well, you’re evidently still with the big cat !

Probably should have been more obvious.
Pee Wee Herman and Tom, (comma) Yanks (Verb)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Situation: our emissions testing gets scrapped in April, mine's expired now.

Problem: when connected to the machine, my Sprinter is not allowed to complete the test. In fact, the second location I tried, the machine called "home" for a video conference.

I've heard some sprinters have been modified to remove emissions controls...the software couldn't be that smart, could it? :rolleyes:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Answer: gas if it comes with highest GVWR

Oil change cost: free + oil and filter (not seeing a dealership again)

(Edit: anyone that knows me will understand I go thru this everytime something frustrating happens with my Sprinter, I'll start vomiting when I think of the payments)

Have to get up at 7 am and drive into Toronto where my half completed test is sitting. Hope that ecm flash isn't mandatory, I ignored the recall

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member
The only expediter movie I can think of was Pee Wee Herman and Tom Yanks.
What about Vanishing Point, Smokey And The Bandit and Debbie Does Dallas?
Keep us posted! Gas or Diesel? If Gas what's the oil change price?
One that doesn't come out to $66,000 plus tax like the one on my build site
Keep us posted! Gas or Diesel? If Gas what's the oil change price?
One that doesn't come out to $66,000 plus tax like the one on my build site

Scaffidi Truck Center - New & Used Heavy Duty Trailers, Medium Trailers, Loaders, Sales, Service, and Parts in Stevens Point, WI, near Prentice, Abbotsford, Antigo, and Crandon

This guy knows his to set these up. He is well aware of the GVW laws, and sets these up accordingly. The DRW Transit cutaways are de-rated to under 10,000 GVW, and done legally. And these are surprisingly light weight. Up to 17' body length. Flat floor, many options available from unicell. 6 month wait time. I was so close a few months ago. He even adds a leaf spring per side because he didn't like the ssy it sat with 3k of weight in the rear. He is a Ford commercial dealer.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I keep stopping on the srw cubes and eyeing that width. At least once a month I get a call to rescue a light straight sized load...paid accordingly...

Adjusted my attitude rereading the stephensservice.com and "the fatal flaw of Mercedes-Benz sprinters" interweb sites. Then I came upon "ecoboost problems" and gave up in disgust.

Off to fix my 2005

Reactions: RoadTime

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scaffidi Truck Center - New & Used Heavy Duty Trailers, Medium Trailers, Loaders, Sales, Service, and Parts in Stevens Point, WI, near Prentice, Abbotsford, Antigo, and Crandon

This guy knows his to set these up. He is well aware of the GVW laws, and sets these up accordingly. The DRW Transit cutaways are de-rated to under 10,000 GVW, and done legally. And these are surprisingly light weight. Up to 17' body length. Flat floor, many options available from unicell. 6 month wait time. I was so close a few months ago. He even adds a leaf spring per side because he didn't like the ssy it sat with 3k of weight in the rear. He is a Ford commercial dealer.
Have you stopped there ...? Everytime i am close (late PM unload) the next morning, boom a load . I would like to see his Vans up close and drive 1 . I see the claims on length , GVW , and cargo capacity, but yet would like to do the Eye Test .. You know the Actual Cat Scale ticket with me inside , tape measure everything, check out suspension, etc. My thinking i could easily have a permanent Bed and plenty of room for freight.

Whatever...

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Answer: gas if it comes with highest GVWR

Oil change cost: free + oil and filter (not seeing a dealership again)

(Edit: anyone that knows me will understand I go thru this everytime something frustrating happens with my Sprinter, I'll start vomiting when I think of the payments)

Have to get up at 7 am and drive into Toronto where my half completed test is sitting. Hope that ecm flash isn't mandatory, I ignored the recall
Gas is $4200 less and 200# higher payload. Can't get it in 170 extended but still has 174" bed length.

guido4475

Not a Member

Have you stopped there ...? Everytime i am close (late PM unload) the next morning, boom a load . I would like to see his Vans up close and drive 1 . I see the claims on length , GVW , and cargo capacity, but yet would like to do the Eye Test .. You know the Actual Cat Scale ticket with me inside , tape measure everything, check out suspension, etc. My thinking i could easily have a permanent Bed and plenty of room for freight.

Whatever...

I sure have. He is the real deal. As hard as it is to believe, his so called claims are true and accurate.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK. They were doin it wrong

Passed with flying colors. The machine was trying to tell the last two places they were freaking morons and to go home, certifications revoked

SMOKE TEST not PLUG IN. Course they would have had to read the message on the screen in front of their face...

Reactions: DollarSign