January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You don't need to take the front end apart for the belt and tensioner on the sprinter. I have done it on the road one time and a few times at home. 30 min if you are slow.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

IDK, Maybe on a older Sprinter you could. I can barely get a finger on the top of the serpentine belt in that tight condensed area. Don't see how that would be possible on mine. Not that I would want to tackle that anyways ;)

guido4475

Not a Member
Based on the symptoms, Wayne was not expecting this...

See the black part of the pulley on this A/C Compressor. Mine is now gone! The belt was just running on the inner gray thing.

So tomorrow will be getting a new A/C compressor installed (not cheap) , but a lot less then dealers or other shops would have cost me. So that's the only good thing about this

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

I know that my brand new Motorcraft compressor was 409 bucks, 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on parts and labor.

How do you go about posting pictures with your post? I cant seem to figure that out...

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Where it says "upload a file" Type first or after then click on that and select where the file is and there you go!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well Turtle will have to help you out. I can't take you any further, LOL. That's how I do mine. Try pressing it again.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Evening Load One! So far a good week. Unloaded Monday morning and after a good nap got another load Monday night. That load delivered Tuesday night and today had two offers. Week is still early and hoping for a GRAND SLAM!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Based on the symptoms, Wayne was not expecting this...

See the black part of the pulley on this A/C Compressor. Mine is now gone! The belt was just running on the inner gray thing.

So tomorrow will be getting a new A/C compressor installed (not cheap) , but a lot less then dealers or other shops would have cost me. So that's the only good thing about this

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

I know that my brand new Motorcraft compressor was 409 bucks, 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on parts and labor.

How do you go about posting pictures with your post? I cant seem to figure that out...

Sometimes I have to bounce around between platforms if its acting goofing. But overall, I've had the most success using the file upload option when using a web browser. I use Firefox.

P.S.- My A/C condenser will cost $800 and some other digits that blurred out after I heard the 800 part o_O

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Rock Auto

Aa for posting pictures, if you take pictures at full resolution they're probably gonna be too big to post. You'll need to resize them first. Or, you can change the resolution settings on the phone's camera to a lower resolution.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Rock Auto

Hmmm, $230-385 at Rock Auto?
Definitely have some new questions for Wayne tomorrow o_O
His go-to is Europarts, which is fine most of the time. But it usually pays to check RockAuto, too.

When I replaced my AC compressor, I went with a cheap POS from China from Rock Auto. I figured even if it only lasted 2 years I could buy 4 of those for the price of the OEM part. It's lasted 4 years so far.

Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member
450 down, 950 to go...

Are you aware Andy, that the 3 Texas Roadhouse locations in the Charlotte area do not open till 4pm? Major disappointment as my lunch date and I settled on TGIFridays instead. Worst food ever.

But being with her made it all worthwhile.

Reactions: DollarSign

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
When I get a new computerized offer I hear the app beeping first, then the phone rings. I answer the phone, put it on speakerphone and immediately fire up the app. I end up accepting the offer on the app, but the phone call is still going, telling me to press 1 to accept or 2 to decline. Then I end up accepting it on the phone also.

What would happen if I accept it on the app and then decline it on the phone?

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I get a new computerized offer I hear the app beeping first, then the phone rings. I answer the phone, put it on speakerphone and immediately fire up the app. I end up accepting the offer on the app, but the phone call is still going, telling me to press 1 to accept or 2 to decline. Then I end up accepting it on the phone also.

Dry run

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

I think once it processes the first one it closes it out on either end.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
450 down, 950 to go...

Are you aware Andy, that the 3 Texas Roadhouse locations in the Charlotte area do not open till 4pm? Major disappointment as my lunch date and I settled on TGIFridays instead. Worst food ever.

But being with her made it all worthwhile.
Yeah some do open at 4pm. I think in the Nashville area they open at 4pm. On New Year's day the one I went to open at 4pm and at 3:55pm there was line standing outside the door waiting to get in, LOL. Luckily I got there at 3pm and waited inside the van. By 4:30 to 5pm the place was pack.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rock Auto

Hmmm, $230-385 at Rock Auto?
Definitely have some new questions for Wayne tomorrow o_O
His go-to is Europarts, which is fine most of the time. But it usually pays to check RockAuto, too.

When I replaced my AC compressor, I went with a cheap POS from China from Rock Au3. I figured even if it only lasted 2 years I could buy 4 of those for the price of the OEM part. It's lasted 4 years so far.

Did find out the +$800 price was for everything. I was going to order a cheapo this morning, then changed my mind :rolleyes:
Over all would be $400 less going the cheapo route with next day delivery, still a big savings, but also drastically reduces my chance for any more loads this week. So sticking with the original plan.

Will either be a break even week, make a little more, or be whining on Sunday how I should of got the cheapo :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When we replaced the driveshaft I ended up going with Autozone because they could get it in the next day. RockAuto was $300 cheaper, but 3-5 days. Next day was really expensive.