January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Still having fun with it all.

No, knowing how many trucks the offer went to, or where in line we are, won't make any difference very often at all. Then again, if I'm last in a line of 12, I might decline a semi-crappy load and just go back to bed. If I'm first in line, I may go ahead and take the crappy load to get out of Dodge.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
The only thing missing in the history is the all miles rate that is displayed in the actual offer. Other than that, perfect.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: guido4475

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The only thing missing in the history is the all miles rate that is displayed in the actual offer. Other than that, perfect.

Per tech team:

It’s because the all miles uses their location at that time the offer was sent and the we currently don’t store that info.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

guido4475

Not a Member

To me, that "all mile" pay rate is the important number.

I had a friend tell me they turned down a load because there were too many empty miles to get the load. I responded by saying, "who cares how many empty miles there are to get a load, as long as the all mile pay is satisfactory ".

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

I had a friend tell me they turned down a load because there were too many empty miles to get the load. I responded by saying, "who cares how many empty miles there are to get a load, as long as the all mile pay is satisfactory ".

It just doesn't stay in the history. It is there till you accept or decline the offer or the offer expires.

guido4475

Not a Member

It just doesn't stay in the history. It is there till you accept or decline the offer or the offer expires.

Yea, I get that. I was just making a general statement. My bad for not saying that. But the new scanner is pretty quick.faster than a fat kid going down on a seesaw. I'm guessing it's coming through clear. No phone calls from admin yet.

Reactions: jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been a fun few days. Needed to get my Espar serviced on Monday, which was long over due, after just making it through the weekend. Tuesday got a load, about 27 miles from drop a loud intermittent WTH is that noise started in the engiene compartment. Couldn't really pin point where it was coming from. Needed to have that checked out so went OOS after the drop. I debated between 117 miles to shop A or 200 miles to Wayne's World, which would be my preference, so rolled the dice and headed to Wayne's. At the 100 mile mark I made a pit stop. As I went to leave, the sound had stopped. Oh great I thought, nothing like showing up for service without a active problem :rolleyes:

Continued on my way. 37 miles from Wayne's, things went down hill fast. Noise came back, soon to be followed by my battery light coming on, then my heat stops working, then the high coolant temp light comes on, followed by loss of power steering :eek:

Ok, that's far enough for me :rolleyes:

Luckily, the exit coming up had a little mini truck stop place, and made it there.
Checked under the hood again. This time I could see the very bottom belt was not moving, well actually just making small jerky movements.

So close, yet so far.

Will check it out better in the daylight, but most likely will get it towed the rest of the way to Wayne's. Glad I kept my AAA Premier membership, although most likely I would had made it to the 1st shop :rolleyes:

Side note: No power steering on a Sprinter is not fun :D

guido4475

Not a Member
Been a fun few days. Needed to get my Espar serviced on Monday, which was long over due, after just making it through the weekend. Tuesday got a load, about 27 miles from drop a loud intermittent WTH is that noise started in the engiene compartment. Couldn't really pin point where it was coming from. Needed to have that checked out so went OOS after the drop. I debated between 117 miles to shop A or 200 miles to Wayne's World, which would be my preference, so rolled the dice and headed to Wayne's. At the 100 mile mark I made a pit stop. As I went to leave, the sound had stopped. Oh great I thought, nothing like showing up for service without a active problem :rolleyes:

Continued on my way. 37 miles from Wayne's, things went down hill fast. Noise came back, soon to be followed by my battery light coming on, then my heat stops working, then the high coolant temp light comes on, followed by loss of power steering :eek:

Luckily, the exit coming up had a little mini truck stop place, and made it there.
Checked under the hood again. This time I could see the very bottom belt was not moving, well actually just making small jerky movements.

So close, yet so far.

Will check it out better in the daylight, but most likely will get it towed the rest of the way to Wayne's. Glad I kept my AAA Premier membership, although most likely I would had made it to the 1st shop :rolleyes:

Why I always replace my belt, belt tensioner, and idler pulley with new Motorcraft every year, and keep the old ones in the van in case of failure. A 1/2 drive ratchet, and a 10mm socket and extension is all it takes to do this 10 minute job. I usually end up finding a van driver who has a Ford who is mechanically inclined and give him my 3 piece used set for emergencies.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well, I was on my way to pickup a sweet load....lol

It cancelled.

Coulda happened for a number of reasons.

Ironically, I watched the move "falling down" with Michael Douglas in it last night. How I can so relate to the character in that movie....lol..

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

So close, yet so far.

Why I always replace my belt, belt tensioner, and idler pulley with new Motorcraft every year, and keep the old ones in the van in case of failure. A 1/2 drive ratchet, and a 10mm socket and extension is all it takes to do this 10 minute job. I usually end up finding a van driver who has a Ford who is mechanically inclined and give him my 3 piece used set for emergencies.

After daylight inspection, best case it's the belt tensioner or idle pulley.
Glad I had them all replaced last month :rolleyes:
Pretty sure the front end has to taken apart to gain access, nothing simple with a Sprinter :rolleyes:
But, tow submitted and the waiting starts.

Glad that at least the Espar is working :D

IMG_4704.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: DollarSign

guido4475

Not a Member

So close, yet so far.

After daylight inspection, best case it's the belt tensioner or idle pulley.
Glad I had them all replaced last month :rolleyes:
Pretty sure the front end has to taken apart to gain access, nothing simple with a Sprinter :rolleyes:
But, tow submitted and the waiting starts.

Glad that at least the Espar is working :D

If a mechanic has to take apart a front end on a $printer to change out those 3 simple things, I am once again soooooo glad I have my Ford...

I hope that whatever it is is simple, cheap, and you can get back to making money with minimal downtime.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy hump day to all....seeing numbers slowly climbing back up. Jan is always such a crap shoot.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess I would say I'm at a mom and pop type truck stop. Haven't stayed at one like this in a very long time. Kind of nice not being at a chain. Sad they are a Dying Breed.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Based on the symptoms, Wayne was not expecting this...

IMG_4707.JPG

See the black part of the pulley on this A/C Compressor. Mine is now gone! The belt was just running on the inner gray thing.

So tomorrow will be getting a new A/C compressor installed (not cheap) , but a lot less then dealers or other shops would have cost me. So that's the only good thing about this

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums