December is the One to remember

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Per Ed: That’s just a visual of how it will look but if he actually completes the scan process, like in my FB post, it will be the area around the blue frame.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
Will have them reach out to you. Everyone else has all reported saying how much better it is.

Welcome to my world....lol

Mr. Ed did call me. He reports the sent BOL is perfect, even though it shows garbled on my end. Strange. So I guess that I'll never know if my sent image is good until admin calls me. So with that in mind, I guess Ill be going back to the old way, using the quallcomm scanner (once it is fixed, it sends blank images) to prevent any future wasted time and frustration. I think the problem is a compatibility issue somewhere.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well if your scan came in good I would just keep using the app, but the in cab scanner is fine as well, just make sure to keep it calibrated and cleaned.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well if your scan came in good I would just keep using the app, but the in cab scanner is fine as well, just make sure to keep it calibrated and cleaned.

This morning I called admin as they told me the last 2 BOLS that I scanned via Quallcomm came across blank.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Then I would use the app for sure. We can test your unit when you are back in the yard next.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I forgot about the Omnitracs scanner. Haven't used it since the app came out. To be honest, I don't even know where it is. Hope I didn't loose it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member
I forgot about the Omnitracs scanner. Haven't used it since the app came out. To be honest, I don't even know where it is. Hope I didn't loose it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I hardly used the Quallcomm since the app came out as sell. But as time went on, I was getting more and more messages from admin to rescan the BOL. So I started to use the Quallcomm again to scan. It was so conveinent to use the app even right in front of the customer. They loved it as I showed them the capabilities of the whole app. I always made it a point to mention to them that this is what they pay for, professionalism in every aspect, with a properly insured company, unlike the cheaper competition. One customer referred to all of this as peace of mind.

That says it all right there.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yeah the scanner feature on the app is working out really good and we are seeing better quality scans and images. I can’t say enough about the work the team has put into building this thing. I am really happy with the investment

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay, during daylight this is the best that I can get with the phone app. I just spoke to admin to give them a heads up and to find out which one was more clear. The Quallcomm scanner, or the app? Well, the last 2 Quallcomm scanned BOL's have came to them plain white. And, yes, they are scanned face down.

I Tried this morning with my Android tablet.
The good part was it captured the whole picture, the iphone was getting tripped up again due to black lines on the page.
The bad part was my scans looked the same way as Guido's.
Gave up and used the scanner, after it defrosted ;)

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Emptied out this morning near Rockford, IL.

The curse of Canton Ohio?

Couldn't help but think of Turtle after I delivered to the same neck of the woods he was in the other day.
The next morning, like Turtle, I set off for Canton.
Got about a hour into my move when a load offer came across.
Of course its picks up in the opposite direction from where I came from :rolleyes:

Damned-if-you-do, damned if you don't playing my mind as I finally found a spot to turn around.

Ended up arriving to the confused look of the shipper who new nothing about it :(
Apparently, the phones must have been down as I couldn't get through to dispatch, and the different dispatch number I was given on the app was always busy. So I sent QC messages, never did get a reply :rolleyes:

While waiting I got a tip from the shipper of another place near by that sometimes comes up with their address.
Feeling pretty alone on this one, I looked up the name and address of the tip.

3 miles away. I figured it was close enough to check out. Worse case, I'm wrong and have to come back if this was the right place.

Finally found the tip location. The tip was correct and they were just finishing up the paperwork, so it all worked out.

First time in over 7 years, I really felt..disconnected :D

Hey, just got a call for a load with the new phone call feature. Pretty cool :)

Although, after it was over, I was thinking...I hope press 1 was for accept lol.
I had my tablet alerting me as well. I'm more visual and wanted to see the information, route and destination map part from the App, but wasn't sure what would happen if I didn't answer the phone or hung up and went to the App.

Would it view it as a decline by default if I did hang up or not select a option and go to the App?

Trying to figure out all this new fangled technology :D

guido4475

Not a Member
Okay, during daylight this is the best that I can get with the phone app. I just spoke to admin to give them a heads up and to find out which one was more clear. The Quallcomm scanner, or the app? Well, the last 2 Quallcomm scanned BOL's have came to them plain white. And, yes, they are scanned face down.

I Tried this morning with my Android tablet.
The good part was it captured the whole picture, the iphone was getting tripped up again due to black lines on the page.
The bad part was my scans looked the same way as Guido's.
Gave up and used the scanner, after it defrosted ;)

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT ! LOL.

THANK YOU !!!! So, apparently , its not an isolated issue with just my phone ! The weather portion of the app still doesn't work with my phone, either...

Even though its been confirmed that the end result of the scanned page is cystal clear at the receiving end, why not fix the issue of phone picture being garbled to begin with so we can tell if it is a good copy or not?

Sorry, not trying to bust youre kahonies or anything, just bored as I had to throw some humor into this...lol..but I hope these app problems can be resolved as well.

Rocketman says hello, he's hauling grain at night. Doing well.

Ziggi says hello as well.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Yea, buddy !! Took a shower to pass the time away, and the beautiful load one load horn interrupts my I -Heart radio playing on my speakerphone. I went into high speed mode, (kinda like Ricky Bobby in autograph mode,) In all the hustle and bustle trying to get to the phone all soapy, I slipped and went down faster then a fat kid on a see-saw. But I got up like a champion, and accepted the load offer. Sweet deal!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea, buddy !! Took a shower to pass the time away, and the beautiful load one load horn interrupts my I -Heart radio playing on my speakerphone. I went into high speed mode, (kinda like Ricky Bobby in autograph mode,) In all the hustle and bustle trying to get to the phone all soapy, I slipped and went down faster then a fat kid on a see-saw. But I got up like a champion, and accepted the load offer. Sweet deal!
Lol .. i will just leave this open for Canadian Comebacks...image_search_1544731354779.jpeg

Money not Miles

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well it's that time! Went oos just awhile ago and heading to Nashville to take care of some business. Will be back in service Tuesday morning. Hope everyone is running and gets a GREAT run over the weekend!

guido4475

Not a Member
Well it's that time! Went oos just awhile ago and heading to Nashville to take care of some business. Will be back in service Tuesday morning. Hope everyone is running and gets a GREAT run over the weekend!

How much was the Walmart parking ticket ???.....lol