December is the One to remember

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I delivered overnight to The Rat Hole on the River (some people know it as Marietta OH). and this afternoon headed on up towards Canton, OH. I get about half way up towards Canton and I get a call about a load picking up in back down in Athens OH going to Missouri. Called back 5 minutes later, "That's a go, head on over to Athens and I'll send the load information over as soon as I get it." So I turn around and head back down I-77.

I get 4 miles from my exit down at Rat Hole and I get a call. "The pickup address has changed. Instead of Athens, it's picking up in... Canton, OH." o_O

Soooo, back up to Canton. They were closed when I got there, but they had the freight sitting outside and ready for me.

That's a mailbox, and inside is my freight. I signed one of the BOLs and left it behind, in the mailbox, and then, all by myself, hand-loaded all 100 pieces into the van. Now I'm on my way to Missouri.

IMG_20181211_214405.jpg

Hey, when you need your flanges you gotta have your flanges.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did a shorty today. Thirsty for more ;)
So midgets is your thing, huh?????....lmao
Hmmm

Money not Miles

No Comment :D

guido4475

Not a Member
Good morning. Okay so I just unloaded and tried the new scanner feature. I noticed how more quickly it picks up the page that is on my black felt covered piece of cardboard. However when it's dark outside it's easy to get Shadows on the bill of lading so I have to hold it at an angle to get rid of the Shadow and get a more clear picture. Before the green would automatically take the picture when it saw it. So I find it rather difficult to be holding the bill of lading on the cardboard at an angle with one hand and holding the phone with the other and trying to touch the picture button on a phone with my nose. I gave up trying and I just used the Qualcomm. I noticed that when I did see the bill of lading on the screen that it wasn't as clear as I thought it should be. And that could be just from the artificial light and not natural light, just a guess. Anyways I'm headed to Walmart to go to sleep I got a really nice load that I just got done doing thanks to another drivers greed. One of these a day and I'd be in like Flynn.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I used the new scanner. Personally I like it better. I need a couple more loads so I can use it a bit more. Hehe.

Guido, have you tried turning on the flash when you scan? Would that make any difference?

Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Sorry Mr. E! Didn't use the new scanner from the phone. Got a parking ticket this morning. Got to the delivery early and they said come back at your schedule time. Well theres a Walmart 2 miles away so I decided to stay there. There was no signs in the parking lot stating that no overnight parking and city ordinance. Didn't see a sign hanging on a pole either!

At 7am got up and getting ready to leave and notice a envelope on the windshield. I knew what it was and I said you've got to be kidding me!!! Went to the Police Station and talked to the officer that gave me the ticket. He said No Overnight Parking it's a City Ordnance. I told him that's fine but how am I supposed to know if theres no sign!

He said go to City Hall and talk to them about it, I'm just doing my job and he was nice about it. I said I understand but if I didn't know about it and or no signs that can't be right.

After I unloaded I went to City Hall and talk to a very nice lady and she told me to call the Mayor and talk to him. Stay tuned!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I find it rather difficult to be holding the bill of lading on the cardboard at an angle with one hand and holding the phone with the other and trying to touch the picture button on a phone with my nose. I gave up trying and I just used the Qualcomm.

The auto capture was a plus for me. Hope it comes back, or at least still have that as a option.

Reactions: guido4475

guido4475

Not a Member
I used the new scanner. Personally I like it better. I need a couple more loads so I can use it a bit more. Hehe.

Guido, have you tried turning on the flash when you scan? Would that make any difference?

Thanks for the input. Ill have to try that. Good idea. Im going to try to scan a BOL while its daylight and see if that makes a difference. But first I need to take an Obama and wipe my Hillary. Priorities...lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I’m running loads and use an iPhone. I’ve got nothing.

The scanning upgrade for the iphone is coming. But the current scanning solution with the iphone was working pretty well. It didnt seem to work so well with the android. Ed says putting the BOL at a bit of an angle vs straight at it helps as well and the program will correct it and you dont have to pull the phone away as far.

Reactions: scottm4211

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
All drivers: As of today, when you receive a Quote Offer notification, it will be followed immediately by a phone call from Load1 (734 area code) that allows you to respond to the offer by pressing 1 for Accept, 2 for Decline, or 3 to repeat the offer details. There is also a hands-free option so you can respond verbally by saying 1 (or say Accept), 2 (or say Decline), 3 (or say Repeat). BOOOM! (for those who wanted the phone to ring) :)

Here is a sample:

guido4475

Not a Member
Okay, during daylight this is the best that I can get with the phone app. I just spoke to admin to give them a heads up and to find out which one was more clear. The Quallcomm scanner, or the app? Well, the last 2 Quallcomm scanned BOL's have came to them plain white. And, yes, they are scanned face down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181212-122201_Load One.jpg
    Screenshot_20181212-122201_Load One.jpg
    796.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20181212-121403_Load One.jpg
    Screenshot_20181212-121403_Load One.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 12

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Will have them reach out to you. Everyone else has all reported saying how much better it is.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
All drivers: As of today, when you receive a Quote Offer notification, it will be followed immediately by a phone call from Load1 (734 area code) that allows you to respond to the offer by pressing 1 for Accept, 2 for Decline, or 3 to repeat the offer details. There is also a hands-free option so you can respond verbally by saying 1 (or say Accept), 2 (or say Decline), 3 (or say Repeat). BOOOM! (for those who wanted the phone to ring) :)

Here is a sample:

Is there a braille version as well??...lol

Dont want to leave any stones unturned now....lol