December is the One to remember

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I got a quote offer, twice, 15 minutes apart, for a load that picked up 120 miles away. Didn't hear either offer notification because I was asleep. Trying to figure out how such a situation shaves minutes off our response time in order to secure more leads (120 miles away), and keep wondering if the cyber quote offer isn't intended to just become a time-shaving replacemt for the "do you want me to bid in on his?" phone call. I keep hearing Dr. Ian Malcom in the background

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty in WV.

On the positive side, I got out of the way of those southern storms coming through, and replenished my food supply, that was getting mighty low, and able to recharge my battery bank on the trip.

Trying to stay positive, despite the last last couple of weeks ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think the Great Human-Induced Global Warming Climate Change Southern Blizzard of 2018 is more Weather Channel hype-induced than anything, and there'll be a thin line of snow and the other 90% will be rain, and what snow does fall will be gone within hours

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Sonny's BBQ! Finally got loaded today and I'm on my way. Having lunch and I'll be driving a bit today. Think I'll stop up the road and have a shower and hang there for the night and let most of this heavy rain past through.

guido4475

Not a Member
Was preplanned on an excellent paying short load for tomorrow. Payer musta went rate shopping. It cancelled.

Laundry, complete inside wipe down of the van in progress to kill the time.

guido4475

Not a Member
I have a rule :::: If I do not see a driver in his front seat, I do not bother them.

So, imagine how I felt being waken up by one of those cheap freight hauling no name pieces of crap non English speaking drivers beating on the side of my van. Not good.

"YOU JUMP ME"!!!! "YOU JUMP ME"!!!!!!!
I told him no, that I do not jump start people. No.

20 minutes later, he appears again. This time with new Jumper cables in hand...." I HAVE LOAD !!!!! YOU JUMP ME !!"...

I wont repeat what I said to him. Ray was on the phone listening, laughing his a*s off, though.

Call me mean, cruel, or even a douce canoe, but there is no way in H*ll that I am going to help some one who is taking money out of my pocket by hauling cheaper than cheap.

He finally got a jump and took off like a bat out of h*ll.

guido4475

Not a Member
Just a warning for straights, they are booting and putting this thingee on the windshield that cost $500.00 to get removed at the Berea, Ky Walmart. I watched the whole deal go down, talked to the parking lot management guy doing the booting. He said Walmart is tired of replacing light poles that are being knocked down, carts crushed, etc. 5 trucks got this before I went to sleep. Im in the wrong business.

Attachments

• 20181211_021043.jpg
    20181211_021043.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Chief Meteorologist Dollarsign here with your weather for tomorrow! Been looking at the Weather and hate to be the bear of bad news LOL. From Chicago to the whole state of Michigan, snow for tomorrow with mix to ice at the bottom of the state! Watch the weather and be careful and safe everyone!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
From our technology team:

Load One driver app Update: New Scanner version 2.0 for Android will be available later today. iOS version will be out at a later date.

A new version of the scanning option in LOD app is being released for Android users. You will need to go to your Play Store to update the app. Please check later today to see if the update is available. Here's what you will see (refer to attached images for reference):

Image 1: When uploading BOL/POD, choose Scan Paperwork option.

Image 2: The scanner will try to frame your paperwork as indicated by the blue outline. When the outline captures what you want to frame, click on the camera icon to take snapshot.

Image 3: You will be shown a sample of the captured image. Click OK if you are satisfied with the scan or Cancel to discard.

Image 4: You can choose to add more pages and they will be displayed as icons so you have a reference of all pages to be sent.

Image 5: Click on an icon in Image 4 to see the full image. Click Upload after last page is scanned.

Image 6: Enter Pro # and choose paperwork type.

Please provide feedback on how this new version works so we can address any issues. Thanks and enjoy!