Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully they are new and not used. Lol.
Lol , yep brand new , but factory seconds i am guessing. But price works for me , comfortable and i think my feet sweat less wearing them . As all my socks are wore and washed about 5 or 6 times and replaced with new ones ...

Money not Miles

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sometimes its hard to please a Steering Wheel Holder ..View attachment 18229

Money not Miles
I thought we were gonna avoid this topic for a bit?? Oh, well ....

WOM, taking your gross amount and using :turtle:'s rule of thirds ...... divide that number by 2 (since you're a team).
Does the .30 cpm beat that number? Not so bad when you look at it that way ... is it?
What, huh? Divide by 3 multiply by 2? My post above was in response to (Treadmill?) Talking about sitting between loads. My point was the absurdity of the people posting on FB that represent so many of the new people.

What difference does it make if we are a team for rates. The money is paid to the truck. The truck eats very well

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm getting a pair of compression socks asap.

Thank you to all ...

All this talk about compression socks brings back a memory from school.
Back then, they weren't as readily available (expecially without a Dr. Rx) and definately not as stylish ;)

My instructor suggested and praised the benefits of wearing pantyhose while working the surgical floor.
I of course snickered at the thought, which brought the responce from her, "oh, for men too" :eek:

There was no way in hell I was going to wear pantyhose. Had compression socks been a viable option, or at least called that, I'm sure I would have been more open to giving them a try :D

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
I started wearing them a couple of months ago. Found them to be pretty invigorating. I used to wear them everyday, now I wear them about as often as I get a load. Which isn't as often :rolleyes:

Nice selection on Amazon.
I'm getting a pair of compression socks asap.

Thank you to all ...
I buy my Diabetic/Compression socks at weekend Flea Markets ... usually 2 pair for $1.00 ...

Money not Miles

Hold on a minute there, Buckaroo......lol..

With as much as you run, the rates you get, you mean to tell me that you are in OVM mode, only in socks???..lol that's about as bad as him cutting hot dogs in half.....Lmao..

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

With as much as you run, the rates you get, you mean to tell me that you are in OVM mode, only in socks???..lol that's about as bad as him cutting hot dogs in half.....Lmao..
I was raised a farm boy , 3 new pair jeans in the spring and 3 new pair again in the fall . My Wife and Daughter laughed at me 1 time for wearing the same pair of tennis shoes for over 6 years . I have always bought my clothes out -of-season for close out prices . This was a Habit way before i met OVM .
My Wife on the other hand goes shopping every week. But i don't mind her looking good , i don't care What i look like ..

Money not Miles

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im glad that you are are recovering successfully. Hearing and reading about blood clots like this makes me shake my head in disbelief as I hear and read of drivers running non stop kinda loads across the country, or close to it, and think they are doing a great thing. Sure, the money may be great, but the long term affects will put a driver in regret. That load, or money isn't worth it. After the load is delivered you are forgotton. I used to be one of those kinda drivers, running cross country non stop. Pure stupidity on my part. Ive slowed down so much now, preferring the smaller loads. Luckily, my doctor is catching things and trying to prevent any catostrophic failure.
Unfortunately, when your young your tuned out to health problems until it effects your family or yourself. Hard lesson to learn. Glad to hear things are going in the direction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
Sometimes its hard to please a Steering Wheel Holder ..View attachment 18229

Money not Miles
I thought we were gonna avoid this topic for a bit?? Oh, well ....

WOM, taking your gross amount and using :turtle:'s rule of thirds ...... divide that number by 2 (since you're a team).
Does the .30 cpm beat that number? Not so bad when you look at it that way ... is it?
What, huh? Divide by 3 multiply by 2? My post above was in response to (Treadmill?) Talking about sitting between loads. My point was the absurdity of the people posting on FB that represent so many of the new people.

What difference does it make if we are a team for rates. The money is paid to the truck. The truck eats very well

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Id rather sit and wait for those good paying loads than to be one of those running themselves ragged and their vehicle into the ground hauling .50-.80 cpm loads while paying high primary insurance.

$100,000.00 a year running 50,000 miles makes more sense than to make $50,000.00 while running 100,000 miles to do so.

Work smarter, not harder.

guido4475

Not a Member

I was raised a farm boy , 3 new pair jeans in the spring and 3 new pair again in the fall . My Wife and Daughter laughed at me 1 time for wearing the same pair of tennis shoes for over 6 years . I have always bought my clothes out -of-season for close out prices . This was a Habit way before i met OVM .
My Wife on the other hand goes shopping every week. But i don't mind her looking good , i don't care What i look like ..

Money not Miles

A mans wife or girlfriend should always be the first priority in a mans life. The queen of his heart. Happy wife, happy life.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Id rather sit and wait for those good paying loads than to be one of those running themselves ragged and their vehicle into the ground hauling .50-.80 cpm loads while paying high primary insurance.

$100,000.00 a year running 50,000 miles makes more sense than to make $50,000.00 while running 100,000 miles to do so.

OVM trained you well ....

Money not Miles

guido4475

Not a Member

OVM trained you well ....

Money not Miles

Just speaking the obvious truthful common sense, sir.....lol