Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At leasr you are running, no load here since last Thursday and slowly going down the tubes.
Right place , right time , plus really trying to stay in main freight lane.

Money not Miles
Ive been in the right places just way too many units in this area. I guess 7 1/2 yrs of dependable service and i cant even survive. Looks like im going down just like the stock market.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ive been in the right places just way too many units in this area. I guess 7 1/2 yrs of dependable service and i cant even survive. Looks like im going down just like the stock market.
I seen on the App where there was 17 or 18 vans on the N E side of Detroit this weekend ..
The loads i have gotten have all been on West or South side . Go figure , i just run the loads offered ..

Money not Miles

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Today I drove 60 miles round trip to work. I have been off work for a month due to Gallbladder surgery. I'm glad I wasn't on the road when that darn thing acted up. I'd take blood clots in the lungs any day over writhing in pain so bad I could not even force myself to take a shower and go for a car ride to the ER. I had to wait 4 hours for the pain to stop, then sleep it off, then get up and shower and go to the ER. I went three times, the third time I went after having two attacks in 24 hours even while eating non-fat food. If I would have been under a load on the side of the road, It would have been pure hell and a 100 percent service failure. I have never felt that kind of pain and discomfort before. But at least I'm finally back to eating pizza and cheeseburgers a month out. I lasted 3 weeks on a low fat mostly fruit and soup diet. Now the pounds are coming back. lol

Have you ever had a blood clot travel to your lung? I did earlier this year. Now a small section of my lung is dead. Could've been me.
Yeah. That's how this all started. I had Large Saddle PE. It is where the clot straddles both pulmonary arteries and also went into both upper and lower lobes. Also had an extensive DVT to the point I could no longer walk. I still have some lose of use and chronic pain in the leg. I toughed it out for 5 months because I didn't have health insurance and never even knew what a blood clot was. I don't have any dead areas in my lung. But because the big arteries were blocked, my heart had to work harder to force blood into the right side of my lungs. Usually the pulmonary arteries are under low pressure because they only send blood to the right lung I believe. When the clots form and cause resistance, the right side of the heart has to work harder. It's a smaller ventricle than the left that pumps blood to the entire body. My heart is permanently enlarged because of it. But that's what saved me. Some people the heart cannot accommodate the extra force needed to continue to work, then the right side enlargement affects the left side and also becomes enlarged and then heart failure can happen, or cardiogenic shock. Once that happens, it can be instant death. The smaller blood clots don't always cause life-threatening complications. but they do cause extreme pain and can kill parts of the lung. That is because they tend to go deeper into the lung and completely block the areas they land into. With larger clots, some blood can still get through to oxygenate the lung tissues so you don't have lung death and pain, you just get heart damage that can lead to heart failure. The clot in my leg was from ankle to groin. But I got lucky because I had a decent recovery. I just can't use my leg to climb stairs or into a van or car. I have to use my right leg to climb. But finally after 5 years I can now slowly get down on my knees again a few times a day, and I can get back up without help. That took a long, long time. I still use my arms to lower myself to go potty and to get into low cars and get off chairs. Are you on blood thinners for life? Make sure they run genetic testing for clotting disorders. Normal people do not clot, not even if they drive for 2 days straight with no rest breaks. I'm glad you're ok. A lot of people have sudden death as the first symptom. It's good to be above ground.

I'm not on blood thinners. I stopped after 3 months. My mom has a history of clots, and had a Greenfield filter put in. I make sure I move my ankles while driving, and that stimulates my calves. Mine started just like yours... with a sprain. I kept my leg completely still one night, to alleviate the pain from the strain. Well, that set it off. Funny thing is that they found the clot (my family knew I had one already) when I had an MRI to check for any returning cancer. Kind of a good news/ bad news thing, I guess.

Ignoring pains that you aren't sure what's causing them is a dangerous thing, as we've both found out. In fact, that's how I ended up with missing my cancer for several months.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I know you don't do the FB thing, which is good because it's getting old. More coming every day, seems like 2 quit and 3 sign on. OK, we we're all new once but they are coming in without any research. One person says don't do it because too many already then 2 more say it's great, come on in. There are people "holding a steering wheel" for .30 CPM

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I seen on the App where there was 17 or 18 vans on the N E side of Detroit this weekend ..
The loads i have gotten have all been on West or South side . Go figure , i just run the loads offered ..

Money not Miles

How long does the Honeymoon Period typically last at One carrier ?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know you don't do the FB thing, which is good because it's getting old. More coming every day, seems like 2 quit and 3 sign on. OK, we we're all new once but they are coming in without any research. One person says don't do it because too many already then 2 more say it's great, come on in. There are people "holding a steering wheel" for .30 CPM

Sometimes its hard to please a Steering Wheel Holder ..image_search_1543967819123.jpeg

Money not Miles

guido4475

Not a Member
At leasr you are running, no load here since last Thursday and slowly going down the tubes.
Right place , right time , plus really trying to stay in main freight lane.

Money not Miles

The van segment is getting flooded not only with vans, and previous logbook drivers escaping the grasp of the government, but those vanners who prefer to run for basement rates, destroying the industry.

guido4475

Not a Member
You can try using compression socks when you drive. I will be using them when I drive again. They squeeze the blood back up to the heart and prevent pooling in the les. This is even better than doing calf exercises.

Exactly . I have found Dr. Scholls brand ti be the best compression socks so far. Medepeds brand at Walmart I didn't care for. Felt cheap.if you put motion on your feeet and legs, the socks do turn grayish over time.

Reactions: Grizzly

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can try using compression socks when you drive. I will be using them when I drive again. They squeeze the blood back up to the heart and prevent pooling in the les. This is even better than doing calf exercises.

I started wearing them a couple of months ago. Found them to be pretty invigorating. I used to wear them everyday, now I wear them about as often as I get a load. Which isn't as often :rolleyes:

Nice selection on Amazon.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I thought we were gonna avoid this topic for a bit?? Oh, well ....

WOM, taking your gross amount and using :turtle:'s rule of thirds ...... divide that number by 2 (since you're a team).
Does the .30 cpm beat that number? Not so bad when you look at it that way ... is it?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I started wearing them a couple of months ago. Found them to be pretty invigorating. I used to wear them everyday, now I wear them about as often as I get a load. Which isn't as often :rolleyes:

I'm getting a pair of compression socks asap.

Thank you to all ...
I buy my Diabetic/Compression socks at weekend Flea Markets ... usually 2 pair for $1.00 ...

Money not Miles

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm getting a pair of compression socks asap.

Thank you to all ...
I buy my Diabetic/Compression socks at weekend Flea Markets ... usually 2 pair for $1.00 ...

Money not Miles
Hopefully they are new and not used. Lol.