November with the One!

guido4475

Not a Member
So is there an indicator of some sort on this humanless new way of dispatching a load that lets us know when our accepted load offer expires? 150 hours without a load and counting. I was actually in the drivers seat ready to head home for an unspecified amount of time.

guido4475

Not a Member
So I guess I didn't get that load offer...so I get another one....80cpm...(smfh), which I accepted..the customer says that is too much...really?? NOW I am. pissed..putting it in the wind..of coarse, got a turndown, so I lost my hours, which translates into MORE sitting time, as my clock has been reset..so much for non forced dispatch ....lol...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I guess I didn't get that load offer...so I get another one....80cpm...(smfh), which I accepted..the customer says that is too much...really?? NOW I am. pissed..putting it in the wind..of coarse, got a turndown, so I lost my hours, which translates into MORE sitting time, as my clock has been reset..so much for non forced dispatch ....lol...

Sounds like the week I'm having. Sitting for 148 hrs. I wanted a little break after running pretty good the last couple of weeks, but geez didn't think I'd have this much trouble getting out of Atlanta

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow, 148 hours??? Where are you sitting? Bison?

I personally would rather deal with a computer then with a dispatcher. I know most of the dispatchers are decent people, but there are a couple that I wouldn't mind if I never heard from them again.

Case in point, a couple of months ago I got an offer that was going to a military base. They had a list of restrictions a mile long, among which it was that the driver cannot have dual citizenship, which I do. I mentioned to the dispatcher that they pay awfully little for the amount of restrictions. Then I told her I can't do it because I have dual citizenship.

Later on I found out that she dinged me with a refusal and the reason was 'wants more money.' I called her up on it and explained why this was wrong, her answer was that she did not have enough room to put all that in the comments. It went totally above her head that even if the load paid $10 a mile I could not have done it because of the dual citizenship thing.

Whenever she will call me again with a bad load that I will refuse and she will ask me about the reason, I will tell her to make up one for the comments section since she does anyways.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Guys the van market has plummeted the last few weeks. We don't make a dime off a truck sitting. But percentage is a shared pain and shared gain. We are working diligently to secure all we can for you guys at the best price we can. But we do not control the market.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Chief Meteorologist DollarSign here, anyone enjoying the cold weather and snow in MO, IN, OH, MI?

Had to change the topic :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Turtle

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Feels like it, or at least Laredo without the nicer weather ;)

One week now without a load. Trying to get something out of Atlanta. Just got a call, nothing great, but will see what happens.
I feel for you Craig, for me, Atlanta has been hit or miss lately, but I dont mind since I have family in the area and I go visit them. Hope you get a load soon.

guido4475

Not a Member

I personally would rather deal with a computer then with a dispatcher. I know most of the dispatchers are decent people, but there are a couple that I wouldn't mind if I never heard from them again.

Case in point, a couple of months ago I got an offer that was going to a military base. They had a list of restrictions a mile long, among which it was that the driver cannot have dual citizenship, which I do. I mentioned to the dispatcher that they pay awfully little for the amount of restrictions. Then I told her I can't do it because I have dual citizenship.

Later on I found out that she dinged me with a refusal and the reason was 'wants more money.' I called her up on it and explained why this was wrong, her answer was that she did not have enough room to put all that in the comments. It went totally above her head that even if the load paid $10 a mile I could not have done it because of the dual citizenship thing.

Whenever she will call me again with a bad load that I will refuse and she will ask me about the reason, I will tell her to make up one for the comments section since she does anyways.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I had a nice run delivering to Meridian, Ms. After I woke up, went to the Petro west of Birmingham. Got a sweet small load from Tucaloosa to Vance. Went back to Birmingham. That was last week, starting on Monday. I was 1st out during all of this. Anyway, got tired of waiting so I than moved to Priceville, Al. Still not even a load offer for several days. Got hired and moved just south of Nashville. Still number one. No calls until yesterday. that's when the morale decomposing began. Im so glad I didn't give the salesman the go ahead to start with the new Transit. Id upload a picture of it, but I'm getting a "file too large" kinds message. Found an excellent Ford commercial dealer who actually knows what he is doing.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just love the expedite crap shoot game.

Guess I should of stayied where I was a week ago...

Heading back most of the way :rolleyes:

DfKL_yPX4AAAaPG.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
So

you're load cancelled? And you are back to zero hours, I imagine?

guido4475

Not a Member
My bad
So

you're load cancelled? And you are back to zero hours, I imagine?

No Guido... He meant the pick up was back towards where he moved up from.
My bad. Ive had that happen a few times...why I'm so apprehensive to move at times, regardless what the app says...its a crapshoot, we just don't know anymore. And if the rates are going to be in the crapper, I'm not so sure if I want to add to expenses chasing hopes and dreams. Well, I almost had a good paying shorty.....lol..it was a dud. A teaser.

guido4475

Not a Member
Captains log....

Last POD...11/8/2018 0930 hours....and counting...lol...

The positive sides to all of this sitting is this....

My van has stayed clean.

My Espar still works.

My oil change is not due yet....

A few degrees warmer and I will polish the van wheels and wax it...again..lol...

I've been offered a job at this Flying J...

Did 48 pages in the "word search" book.

My left arm is incredibly stronger due to boredom...lmao

A driver has informed me that it is, and I quote, " my turn to starve"....lol.

I have become freinds with the homeless living in cars here...nice people.

Got rid of my cold...