November 2018 , Locations, Turkey Banter

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talking about cheap rates....

How about that Rocket Lab out of New Zealand....cost is ONLY 5.6 Million a flight!

Compared to NASA's 150-300$ million...
or even SpaceX's low rate of $60 million..
.so you know....your not alone in the push to the bottom...
My advice...is trim your sails somewhat..aka lower your expenses..Watch your fuel expenses....
i see quite a few are still eating out and restaurant food...eat in more..
of course its just 1 persons opinion...;)
The above statement was brought to you by ... OSCAR MAYER ...image_search_1541956685419.jpeg

Money not Miles

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Loaded ... time to Roll down the road ..

Money not Miles
r0qzgL.gif

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
1C0953CC-3734-4232-A3F2-7B0A5A65BBE5.jpeg
Talking about cheap rates....

How about that Rocket Lab out of New Zealand....cost is ONLY 5.6 Million a flight!

Compared to NASA's 150-300$ million...
or even SpaceX's low rate of $60 million..
.so you know....your not alone in the push to the bottom...
My advice...is trim your sails somewhat..aka lower your expenses..Watch your fuel expenses....
i see quite a few are still eating out and restaurant food...eat in more..
of course its just 1 persons opinion...;)
The above statement was brought to you by ... OSCAR MAYER ...

Money not Miles
Hey!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arrived at shipper and was told there was no freight, no production order, no nothing. Reported this plus a contact name and phone number of the shipper to dispatch. Sat for 1½ hours before getting released and $135 detention pay. Will return in the morning.

It amazes me how a consignee can call a 3PL and request an expedite pickup without first contacting the vendor (shipper). Computers, the internet and 3PLs have taken a simple process of calling a carrier with a load to this cluster intercourse. For me, my wait time was compounded when I informed dispatch and was told: " I will E-mail the customer". E-mail? Who monitors their E-mail constantly? After the first hour of waiting I called dispatch again and was told there was a phone number attached and she would call it to "speed things up". I understand that dispatch is understaffed and over worked but I don't like getting blown off when I'm on a load. We are in the era of instant communication. I don't expect instant communication but slightly delayed isn't asking too much, is it?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arrived at shipper and was told there was no freight, no production order, no nothing. Reported this plus a contact name and phone number of the shipper to dispatch. Sat for 1½ hours before getting released and $135 detention pay. Will return in the morning.

It amazes me how a consignee can call a 3PL and request an expedite pickup without first contacting the vendor (shipper). Computers, the internet and 3PLs have taken a simple process of calling a carrier with a load to this cluster intercourse. For me, my wait time was compounded when I informed dispatch and was told: " I will E-mail the customer". E-mail? Who monitors their E-mail constantly? After the first hour of waiting I called dispatch again and was told there was a phone number attached and she would call it to "speed things up". I understand that dispatch is understaffed and over worked but I don't like getting blown off when I'm on a load. We are in the era of instant communication. I don't expect instant communication but slightly delayed isn't asking too much, is it?

Some of you might think this is nuts ....
When something like this happens to me, I ask dispatch for the number .... I'll call myself! I now have long standing relationships and they trust me to present myself in a professional manner. Plus I'll get to the bottom of stuff before they will. They're too busy trying to book the next load .. whereas I can politely make myself a nuance until I get an answer.