NFL 2018-2019

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh my, the Lions game was hard to watch. Obviously, the Tate replacement plans didn't work out.
Hopefully their master plan will work out in the end.
But upgrading the defense one week, and downgrading the offense the next, doesn't exactly instill much confidence :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couple of great games yesterday ...

Rams vs Saints
Packers vs Patriots

Had a chance to watch a good bit of both ..

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh my, the Lions game was hard to watch. Obviously, the Tate replacement plans didn't work out.
Hopefully their master plan will work out in the end.
But upgrading the defense one week, and downgrading the offense the next, doesn't exactly instill much confidence :rolleyes:
S.O.L.

Super-Bowl-7.png

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Lions' GM made matters worse by firing Caldwell and hiring an inexperienced head coach. Regressing.

Reactions: Ragman

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Rams vs Saints
Packers vs Patriots

Watched the Rams/Saints game today.
No lack of offense between these two teams.
Pretty good game, but kept wondering if I was watching two of the best offenses or two of the worse defenses :D

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Rams vs Saints
Packers vs Patriots

Watched the Rams/Saints game today.
No lack of offense between these two teams.
Pretty good game, but kept wondering if I was watching two of the best offenses or two of the worse defenses :D

Good point ....

Saints currently ranked 20th in defense, 12th in offense.
Rams 21st in defense, they got the #1 offense right now.

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had to look up that Bengals game. Gave up 51 points at home. Yikes. I have a hard time understanding Marvin Lewis not being able to create a top notch defense year in and out.
It was supposed to be what he was good at when he was with Baltimore.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Two straight games where the defense has given up 500 yards.

There are really bad high school football teams that don't even do that.

Reactions: Grizzly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Lions season under new coach Matty Patty......

tenor.gif

Money not Miles
Lion fans are beyond tears. We're vacillating between anger and laughing at this point.
Free Press writer Jeff Seidel blames Quinn...
The Detroit Lions are a disaster. And it's Bob Quinn's fault
A new GM ultimately wants to bring in "his guy" to coach the team. Imo it is often a fatal flaw with management. Instead of tweaking a team and building with what you got, there's too much overhaul of team rosters and bringing in new coaches. Then there's a new process of rebuilding after tearing it down a bit.
The biggest criticism with The Lions is that they've been on the cusp of a playoff birth the past couple years and instead they fire their experienced coach and go with an inexperienced new head coach. Someone that was delaying his decision to be Detroit's coach because he wanted a different head coaching job instead. Detroit wasn't his first choice. That's a red flag for me.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Lions season under new coach Matty Patty......

tenor.gif

The only good thing that came out of the Lions game for me was the answer to a song title I've been trying to remember for the last week. It was driving me nuts. I could hear parts of song in my head, knew it was a old instrumental version, but dang if I could put any words to the music. As I lost interest in the Lions game, I started doing more internet searching.
While doing that, I heard one of the announcers made some kind of comment that Blue Skies were ahead, probably not referring to the Lions ;)

Wait, what did he just say?

Yes! That's the name of the song.

Blue Skies :D