Best toll pass to get?

nfougere

New Recruit
Driver
Any opinions on the best state or universal tolls pass deals? Which state might be best suited to setup an e-zpass? I'll be running a sprinter van expediting service mostly so midwest North, Michigan, Ohio to south, Tx, KY, IL I guess and at times through NC and SC also. Every state seems to have a deal or discounted prices. Maybe one pass that covers all states would help. Thanks

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
EZ Pass and I-Pass are interchangeable. So it doesn't matter. Neither will work yet in Florida (SunPass) or Texas (TXTAG) or Oklahoma or Kansas.

Best Pass gets you both types of transponders, and it's close to universal as is available right now.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
EZ Pass and I-Pass are interchangeable. So it doesn't matter. Neither will work yet in Florida (SunPass) or Texas (TXTAG) or Oklahoma or Kansas.

Best Pass gets you both types of transponders, and it's close to universal as is available right now.

Best Pass is not easy for an individual to get. They want hundreds to sign up for service, transponder, etc., Then hundreds more in escrow for usage.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
North Carolina’s quick pass has a dual transponder that will work everywhere ezpass works and will work in Georgia and Florida.

So if you can’t get Best Pass, get the North Carolina Quick Pass?

(in a nutshell)

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I used to have 2 transponders, one Ipass from Illinois and one Sunpass from Florida. These 2 covered probably 98% of my tolls. On the occasional run through Oklahoma I would pay cash.

Now I use Bestpass provided by Load One.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So if you can’t get Best Pass, get the North Carolina Quick Pass?

(in a nutshell)

I would think so, I don’t drive expedite anymore but I use quick pass, I live in Florida but do occasionally go up north and need an ezpass. Nice only needing one account.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fortunately all of these different tolling systems will be interoperable with each other by 2016.:rolleyes:

Reactions: coalminer

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking it up, I found this.
A list of the North Carolina Quick Pass & Quick EZ Pass.

Attachments

• 3FE70F71-2A81-408F-AA9E-3E16ED15FFE8.jpeg
    3FE70F71-2A81-408F-AA9E-3E16ED15FFE8.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 23

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The last time i went through OK my best pass worked just fine. Wasn’t sure at first so i had money in hand when i entered the cash lane. Was surprised when booth operator told me it accepted my best pass. Good to know.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The last time i went through OK my best pass worked just fine. Wasn’t sure at first so i had money in hand when i entered the cash lane. Was surprised when booth operator told me it accepted my best pass. Good to know.

Same here, recently went through OK, and not sure if it was set up yet. Was glad it was :)

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took a while, but I finally got a run to North Carolina. I’m very happy that I waited and got the EZ Pass/Quick Pass there. With the exception of Oklahoma and Texas tolls, I’m set.

Does Texas have one universal toll?

I’d be willing to get another pass just to get through Austin. Oklahoma I don’t mind paying cash.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Took a while, but I finally got a run to North Carolina. I’m very happy that I waited and got the EZ Pass/Quick Pass there. With the exception of Oklahoma and Texas tolls, I’m set.

Does Texas have one universal toll?

I’d be willing to get another pass just to get through Austin. Oklahoma I don’t mind paying cash.

North Carolina quick pass will be working in Texas Oklahoma and Kansas soon according to what I read the other day.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums