The Fake News Depot

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
In my limited opinion , migrants have been good news for this country. Some are bad news no matter what or where they move.
They absolutely can be. Have to have balance. They can't or shouldn't be a burden and you can't extend rights to illegals or or undocumented people ahead of your own citizens. A immediate one that comes to mind is college tuition. They receive in 20 states I believe heavily subsidized in state tuition yet a U.S. citizen is denied that benefit. It's that kind of stuff that's going to aggravate a few.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my limited opinion , migrants have been good news for this country.
True, except for the Irish.

The problem with this large group of people coming from Central America is they have already demonstrated a disregard for the law by crashing Mexico's border and apparently plan on doing the same at our border.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
In my limited opinion , migrants have been good news for this country.
True, except for the Irish.

The problem with this large group of people coming from Central America is they have already demonstrated a disregard for the law by crashing Mexico's border and apparently plan on doing the same at our border.

I would ask that you not pick on the Irish, they were fleeing oppression from English conquerors. Besides I might might be related to some of them . Not real sure about that though, I am almost sure I do not have any Native American heritage. LOL

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
In my limited opinion , migrants have been good news for this country. Some are bad news no matter what or where they move.
They absolutely can be. Have to have balance. They can't or shouldn't be a burden and you can't extend rights to illegals or or undocumented people ahead of your own citizens. A immediate one that comes to mind is college tuition. They receive in 20 states I believe heavily subsidized in state tuition yet a U.S. citizen is denied that benefit. It's that kind of stuff that's going to aggravate a few.

Did not have a clue about the education subsidies for migrants. That almost brought on a rant about the cost of college tuition. That most students desiring a college degree face today

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As for the Irish ... Blazing Saddles

As for the price of college tuition... Used to be cheap ,relatively speaking, until federal dollars became a factor. Colleges and universities were incentivized to raise tuition because ... gots to get me some of that

As for large groups of foreign nationals declaring their intention to storm and overwhelm a border, while displaying the flag of their own country, well, that's practically the definition of a hostile invading force.

When you emmigrate to another country with no intention of assimilation, that's not immigration, that's occupation. Instead of coming here to become Americans, Honduras want to come here and remain Honduran, Salvadorans want to come here and remain Salvadoran, Mexicans want to come here and remain Mexican. That's antithetical to the concept of immigration.

Reactions: davekc and blackpup

blackpup

Veteran Expediter

As for the price of college tuition... Used to be cheap ,relatively speaking, until federal dollars became a factor. Colleges and universities were incentivized to raise tuition because ... gots to get me some of that

As for large groups of foreign nationals declaring their intention to storm and overwhelm a border, while displaying the flag of their own country, well, that's practically the definition of a hostile invading force.

When you immigrate to another country with no intention of assimilation, that's not immigration, that's occupation. Instead of coming here to become Americans, Honduras want to come here and remain Honduran, Salvadorans want to come here and remain Salvadoran, Mexicans want to come here and remain Mexican. That's antithetical to the concept of immigration.

It has to be difficult to leave your old culture behind and assimilate into a new one. Though if you are unhappy enough with your old way of life to leave, I don't see why the migrants try bring their old way of life with them

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would ask that you not pick on the Irish, they were fleeing oppression from English conquerors.
No, they left the Emerald Isle because of a potato famine. The IRA was a wee bit po'd at English conquerors but they didn't flee. Their specialty was potato bombs.

My mother-in-law was 100% Irish. My wife is ½ Irish and my kids are ¼ and I have no Irish blood but I do like potatoes.

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you Turtle! I would have posted a link to that scene from Blazing Saddles but the last time I did I got blasted from all the lefties that claimed it was one of their favorite movies but failed to grasp the main theme of the movie.

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank you Turtle! I would have posted a link to that scene from Blazing Saddles but the last time I did I got blasted from all the lefties that claimed it was one of their favorite movies but failed to grasp the main theme of the movie.
Did i miss sonething? I loved Blazing Saddles......

Do what he say!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dug up the old thread. It was I that posted the line about the Irish that offended some. You posted the link to the scene from the movie and probably offended others.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh thats funny, right there...quoting CNN the head of fake news no less....;)

I do believe this is the first wave of immigrants since Ellis Island where Refugees and such were processed...
Granted a few said they'd run the border and they should be dealt with harshly...
BTW do all desperate people dress in rags? is that how we judge now?....these are just people fed up with their government invading their homes at will and gang members terrorizing their families and just want a LEGAL entry to a better life....:)

Reactions: billg27

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Everybody understands that .I don't know anyone who is against people wanting a better life. What people are against is illegal immigration by people who think they are entitled and don't want to play by the rules

We have a woman who comes every Friday and cleans the house. She's from the southern tip of Baja in Mexico. She came here legally 6 years ago with her 3 kids, and last year became a US citizen. She refers to people who illegally cross the southern border as "cucarachas asquerosas."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh thats funny, right there...quoting CNN the head of fake news no less....;)

I do believe this is the first wave of immigrants since Ellis Island where Refugees and such were processed...
Granted a few said they'd run the border and they should be dealt with harshly...
BTW do all desperate people dress in rags? is that how we judge now?....these are just people fed up with their government invading their homes at will and gang members terrorizing their families and just want a LEGAL entry to a better life....:)
I quoted CNN mostly because they had the numbers broken down in the article for me to reference in my post.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You may or may not have heard of this. The folks in Michigan probably have, tho. LOL

EXCLUSIVE: Michigan Reporter Caught On Tape Saying ‘F**k Could You Imagine John James Winning’

A Huron Daily Tribune reporter called US Senate candidate John James Monday to try and set up an interview, and left a voicemail. WHen she hung up the phone the phone didn't actually hang up, and her comments were recorded for posterity (and for YouTube).

A couple of hours later, in a rare act of journalistic integrity, the Huron Daily Tribune fired the reporter.

Tribune fires staff writer

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You may or may not have heard of this. The folks in Michigan probably have, tho. LOL

EXCLUSIVE: Michigan Reporter Caught On Tape Saying ‘F**k Could You Imagine John James Winning’

A Huron Daily Tribune reporter called US Senate candidate John James Monday to try and set up an interview, and left a voicemail. WHen she hung up the phone the phone didn't actually hang up, and her comments were recorded for posterity (and for YouTube).

A couple of hours later, in a rare act of journalistic integrity, the Huron Daily Tribune fired the reporter.

Tribune fires staff writer
I posted this in another thread. While I was disgusted that this reporter made those comments, i would have liked to see maybe a suspension instead rather than someone losing their job. Just my opinion though.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In most cases I'd agree, but with news journalism, once you've blown your credibility you're toast

She can always move to a partisan blog or something.

Reactions: Solar and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Some days I almost feel sorry for Jim Acosta.

Today is not one of them

Reactions: Moot