Pittsburgh......

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Names of those killed...... when does the hatred end!

These are the victims of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting - CNN
A corollary to that question would be "what will it take to end the hatred?" The country is more divided now than during the Vietnam era.
We have to focus on things that unite rather than those that divide.

Trump is regularly accused to using fear and hatred to divide. But that's not really true. History (and common sense) shows that fear is a powerful motivator. It unites people and causes large sums of money to be spent to alleviate the fear. Wars have been fought because of fear. Great Walls have been built because of fear. Man has walked on the Moon because of fear. So it's no surprise that politicians routinely use fear to motivate voters. Trump uses it, the Democrats use it.

The difference is, Trump promotes fear against outsiders who would come in and do us harm (illegal aliens and unchecked immigration, MS-13, drug dealers, ISIS, terrorists, etc.). The Democrats promote fear against other Americans (take away your rights, take away your right to choose, erase transgender people, take away your health care, people will DIE because of tax cuts, etc.).

The Press and The Left need to be called out every time they use fear to promote hate against fellow Americans. Because it's harming America.

One glaring example is Charlottesville. CNN reports FAKE NEWS to this day about Charlottesville. There were two sides to that issue, pro-statue and anti-statue. Antifa was a part of that, and so were White Supremacists, but the core was still pro versus anti on the Confederate statue issue. Trump really isn't one to be quick to criticize large swaths of Americans, and he came out with a statement that there were good people on both sides. It was kind of ambiguous as to what exactly he was talking about, since the big story of the day was that of a White Supremacist nutjob ran over and killed a woman during the protests.

People actually thought he meant there were good people on the White Supremacist side, and therefor also there were good people on the Antifa side, but no one acknowledges that last part. But both are ridiculous on the face if it.

But as it was ambiguous, it was actually a reporter from CNN who asked him the next day to clarify his statement (probably hoping he would double down on the good people of White Supremacy World). He gave a very unambiguous answer that he was explicitly talking about the issue ot the Confederate statue, and not those who engaged in violence.

But that's not how it got reported. And CNN (and the rest of the MSM) continue to misreport it, even though they know the objective truth on the matter.

So when CNN and the MSM asks the question, "Is Trump wrong, or even dangerous, to attack the media?" They're asking past the root question of, "Does the Press deserve to be criticized?"

Is Trump wrong, or dangerous, to criticize things which harm America? Reasonable people would say no, he's not.

Reactions: muttly

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
On another site, there was less than 1000 post.....we are getting numb now to shootings in schools, churches, stores, streets, homes, and so on--- the culture has changed...IMHO

Reactions: Turtle

dalscott

Expert Expediter

Trump is regularly accused to using fear and hatred to divide. But that's not really true. History (and common sense) shows that fear is a powerful motivator. It unites people and causes large sums of money to be spent to alleviate the fear. Wars have been fought because of fear. Great Walls have been built because of fear. Man has walked on the Moon because of fear. So it's no surprise that politicians routinely use fear to motivate voters. Trump uses it, the Democrats use it.

The difference is, Trump promotes fear against outsiders who would come in and do us harm (illegal aliens and unchecked immigration, MS-13, drug dealers, ISIS, terrorists, etc.). The Democrats promote fear against other Americans (take away your rights, take away your right to choose, erase transgender people, take away your health care, people will DIE because of tax cuts, etc.).

The Press and The Left need to be called out every time they use fear to promote hate against fellow Americans. Because it's harming America.

One glaring example is Charlottesville. CNN reports FAKE NEWS to this day about Charlottesville. There were two sides to that issue, pro-statue and anti-statue. Antifa was a part of that, and so were White Supremacists, but the core was still pro versus anti on the Confederate statue issue. Trump really isn't one to be quick to criticize large swaths of Americans, and he came out with a statement that there were good people on both sides. It was kind of ambiguous as to what exactly he was talking about, since the big story of the day was that of a White Supremacist nutjob ran over and killed a woman during the protests.

People actually thought he meant there were good people on the White Supremacist side, and therefor also there were good people on the Antifa side, but no one acknowledges that last part. But both are ridiculous on the face if it.

But as it was ambiguous, it was actually a reporter from CNN who asked him the next day to clarify his statement (probably hoping he would double down on the good people of White Supremacy World). He gave a very unambiguous answer that he was explicitly talking about the issue ot the Confederate statue, and not those who engaged in violence.

But that's not how it got reported. And CNN (and the rest of the MSM) continue to misreport it, even though they know the objective truth on the matter.

So when CNN and the MSM asks the question, "Is Trump wrong, or even dangerous, to attack the media?" They're asking past the root question of, "Does the Press deserve to be criticized?"

Is Trump wrong, or dangerous, to criticize things which harm America? Reasonable people would say no, he's not.

IMG_0123.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Grizzly and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

You could find similar quotes from Obama, Hillary, Biden, Maxine Waters, Eric Holder, and certain people in the news media as well.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When news broke about the Pittsburgh shooting, my initial reaction was I hoped it wasn't someone who supported Trump. Mostly because the Left and their cohorts in the news media would use it as a cudgel on Trump. It didn't matter that the shooter wasn't someone who supported or voted for Trump. The Left media would find a way to blame Trump anyway. They really do detest him and will use dishonest methods to undermine him.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump and his supporters are racists and that's just what it is.. thank God America ,is becoming less and less white as the old racist die off

Reminds me of when I drop loads in poverty centers of America in rural America ..sad way the trump voters live

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We Even ..they should give more guns to the crazies and deplorables. They are surely having fun with their second amendment. Let them enjoy

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Getting back to Pittsburgh, let's not forget this blinding glimpse of the obvious: at the core of this tragedy was a raging antisemitic Trump hater who was extremely vocal about his desire to "kill Jews". He attacked them at their place of worship.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump and his supporters are racists and that's just what it is.. thank God America ,is becoming less and less white as the old racist die off

Reminds me of when I drop loads in poverty centers of America in rural America ..sad way the trump voters live

I just don’t understand how anyone can pass judgment on someone they don’t know, have never met, but yet just because they may support and different political party. They must be a racist.

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
[
I just don’t understand how anyone can pass judgment on someone they don’t know, have never met, but yet just because they may support and different political party. They must be a racist.
Consider the source, a person seething with hatred that has difficulty stringing words together into coherent sentences. Better he vents some of his hatred and bigotry here, online, rather than out in the real world.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Getting back to Pittsburgh, let's not forget this blinding glimpse of the obvious: at the core of this tragedy was a raging antisemitic Trump hater who was extremely vocal about his desire to "kill Jews". He attacked them at their place of worship.
And the Left news media is blaming Trump for this.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Code of Conduct Violation (#5 and #17).

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Ask your friend trump the supreme wizard . Don't forget to carry the white hood
Ask Trump.

You didn't get a rise out of people with your first lame attempt at trolling, so now you double down on it. That was a mistake. You've already been given a warning this year for the same kind of trolling.

Now you've lost your ability to post anything in The Soapbox.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You didn't get a rise out of people with your first lame attempt at trolling, so now you double down on it. That was a mistake. You've already been given a warning this year for the same kind of trolling.

Now you've lost your ability to post anything in The Soapbox.

Turtle, please reconsider your banning of the Kipper from the Soapbox. There are only a handful of Liberals that post here and even fewer that are over the edge nut jobs. If I was a card carrying Liberal I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with someone like this. Re-instate the Kipper's posting privileges. It's cheap entertainment reading his/her's vitriol and glaring contradictions.