Midterm Election 2018

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I will be going at lunch to vote against several terrible choices on the left and then to a good BBQ place a block away.

Reactions: davekc and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looks like the polls have Senate candidate John James and Governor candidate Bill Schuette down a few points in Michigan. Always seems to be an uphill battle here to win for republicans.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Andrew Gillum in Florida said...

"Voting is just like driving a car. When you want to go forward you choose D. When you want to go backwards you choose R."

Thaaaat's good. Democrats should be wearing that one out. LOL

Reactions: Moot

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
sorry for the last commit.......had a brain fart...... I can't vote, but from an outsider I really would like to the see the Republicans gain control and put things right because the 8 years of Democrats sure messed things up for you guys, but I also wish "Trump" would just take it down a notch. and maybe it would make that pill easier to take .....I'm sorry if I pissed anybody off which I'm sure I did, because we have the same problem up here ....and its hard to talk politics without pissing off someone....

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As long as you don't launch a personal attack against someone, it's all good.

The Lada comment was great, BTW

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Incidentally, my prediction for tomorrow's election is .. Whoever has the biggest turnout and garners the most votes will win.

I stole that from Rep Tim Ryan (D-Ohio). Seriously, he said that.

Reactions: RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just personal observations here in Michigan. In 2016, there were plenty of Trump yard signs in my neck of the woods. Very few Hillary yard signs. The polls had her winning from anywhere from 3 to something like 10 points. Trump won by a small margin. With the midterms, I have seen a very small amount of senate and governor signs. Of those that I have seen, Witmer a slight advantage over Schuette. Miniscule amount of Stabenow signs. A few John James signs, but not many. Not much excitement with most of the candidates. The votes here will probably fall mosty on party lines. I do think James is getting some momentum at the end here though. He might be just a bit short of winning. Poll has him at 2 behind. Witmer up by 8.

Reactions: Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just personal observations here in Michigan. In 2016, there were plenty of Trump yard signs in my neck of the woods. Very few Hillary yard signs. The polls had her winning from anywhere from 3 to something like 10 points. Trump won by a small margin. With the midterms, I have seen a very small amount of senate and governor signs. Of those that I have seen, Witmer a slight advantage over Schuette. Miniscule amount of Stabenow signs. A few John James signs, but not many. Not much excitement with most of the candidates. The votes here will probably fall mosty on party lines. I do think James is getting some momentum at the end here though. He might be just a bit short of winning. Poll has him at 2 behind. Witmer up by 8.
Theres a ton of James signs in the Thumb. I was up past Imlay City, over to Croswell and Lexington over the weekend along M-90.

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Theres a ton of James signs in the Thumb. I was up past Imlay City, over to Croswell and Lexington over the weekend along M-90.
Ok thanks, I haven't been up that way for a couple months. Port Austin.
Check this out. Wow. A reporter from Bad Axe Michigan. Oops! ( Caution: profanity)
EXCLUSIVE: Michigan Reporter Caught On Tape Saying ‘F**k Could You Imagine John James Winning’

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's been driving me crazy for several days who Broward County Supervisor of Elections, Brenda Snipes, reminds me of. Then a little while ago it hit me.

It's Jobu from the movie Major League.

Jobu-Snipes.jpg

Reactions: coalminer

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I bet her glass is in need of a refill with everything going on....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle