Rocking the ONE in October

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Almost got out of KC with my first load of the week and heading towards home.
Unfortunately, turns out I was at the wrong starting point
Back to the drawing board

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got two calls yesterday and both were no go :(. DH to a new location. So far no calls either :( but still early. I was going to go somewhere else but decided on this location on hoping for that long run.

There were runs out of this area yesterday. I could be a day late and a Dollar short :tearsofjoy:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I got a call at 1400 to pick up a load 50 miles away at 2000. I get there half an hour early. Freight's not ready. Not even here yet Might be here in 2-3 hours. 3 hours later freight's not here yet, might be here around 0300, but no one will be here to release it until 0700.

0730 freight's not here yet. Could be days. Weeks, even

0945 the load went dry run

15 minutes later I get a better load going to Chicago.

That's logistics! o_O

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally out of KC with a Detroit area drop on Monday.
Definitely, not one of my better weeks

The Monday drop actually will work out good for me.
I picked up a cold bug and barely got any sleep from it last night.

So, it will be a slow steady paced weekend trip

Reactions: ntimevan and Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Finally out of KC with a Detroit area drop on Monday.
Definitely, not one of my better weeks

The Monday drop actually will work out good for me.
I picked up a cold bug and barely got any sleep from it last night.

So, it will be a slow steady paced weekend trip

That’s logistics!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After a Wayne's World part 2 this morning to verify where a mystery noise was that only likes to show itself on 1st cold weather start up of day (to avoid exploratory surgery), source found and corrected. Also, solved a issue I was having since I got this van with my malfunctioning low tire pressure warning light. Prior to this, a noted bad sensor was replaced, but issue remained with the warning light staying on. Wayne found the cause/solution rather interesting. The tire pressure label on the van had me running lower tire pressures then the computer parameters were set for. Added tire pressure to get into the computers set range and light went out.

Another mystery solved, and back in-service

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Tuesday Afternoon Load One! Well on Friday I decided to pull out and head to the parents house for the weekend cause the satellite dish is out :(. As I got going a bit dispatch called with a GRAND SLAM load for the week. Saturday afternoon dispatch called with a Monday morning load and it was GREAT to start off the week. The espar was much needed this weekend!

Got the load picked up Monday morning and delivered this morning and now at the shipper waiting to get loaded for one today!

Update! Somehow the freight has gotten lost. Ended up with a dry run.

Last edited:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Picking up a load at Hartsfield Atlanta airport. 7.5 hours and still not loaded.
Next time they won't be able to pay me enough money to accept another load picking up here.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Picking up a load at Hartsfield Atlanta airport. 7.5 hours and still not loaded.
Next time they won't be able to pay me enough money to accept another load picking up here.

Just think of ALL that extra $$$$$. That's what I have to do!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I've picked up and delivered at lots of airports but it has never been this bad. A few hours delay usually, but this load took 10 hours and 25 minutes to get on my truck. I believe this is my record.

What a hell of a load! It is not over yet. About an hour away from delivery I got stuck behind an accident. The whole freeway is closed. I have been here for more than 2 hours and have no idea when I will get moving again.

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Slow start to the week. Took a load to West Virginia on Wednesday. Had to go to the 30 day to even find any green near me and all were over 100 miles away. That didn't look very promising. With units already in the nearby hubs, it was starting to look like a bust week.

So Thursday morning I decided to do some freight chasing, and dead headed back into Ohio.
That night I got a nice load going to Mississipi. After unloading Friday and pretty much thinking, that's all folks. I stayed in-service and laid down to catch a few more zzz.

Ring, Ring, confirmed load to North Carolina if I want it

Delivers Monday, oh yeah, I can do that

Loaded up and parked for the night. Have some sleep to catch up on.

Funny how one move can sometimes start a chain of events, and turn a poor looking week into a rather nice one