Who's better Fedex custom critical or panther?

RyderInfante

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Any thoughts on with company is better to run for as an owner operator? Ive talked to both..any help is appreciated..

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
What is the best ice cream, chocolate or vanilla? Everyone will have their favorite. Panther veterans will vote for Panther and FedEx Custom Critical veterans will vote for FedEx CC. Each carrier has their pros and cons which differ depending on the location of the O/O, truck type, driver preference, etc. I think your best bet is to go with your educated gut after reading each of the carrier forums on here, develop your list of questions and interview the recruiters from each of the carriers to develop your choice. If you can't make up your mind after that, go with FedEx Custom Critical because I like them the best.

RyderInfante

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Terry Im going to run a dry box expediter truck. I live outside Philadelphia. Ive heard panther leaves you sitting for days on end so I am leaning toward FEDEX..It also looks as though Panthers fees are pretty high. I would like to eventually get on with land star

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Ryderinfante, just suggesting you do more research. There are quite a few carriers. The 2 you mentioned favor teams. Are you planning on teaming? Do you own a truck or want to drive for a fleet owner? How often do you need to be home? Do you have Haz-mat?

Reactions: redskunk

RyderInfante

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Im a single driver and Im buying my own truck. I can stay out for about 3 weeks at a shot and yes I have a hazmat. Are their any other carries you would suggest?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think your best bet is to go with your educated gut after reading each of the carrier forums on here,...
The last post on the FedEx Carrier Forum was May 25th, 2018. The last post on the Panther Forum was June 4th, 2017.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
No, Moot, I sold it about 3 years ago. These days I'm paid to be the crazy cat lady by the Sevier County Humane Society. I have my 5th wheel set up permanently on Douglas Lake, just outside of Sevierville, TN.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Im a single driver and Im buying my own truck. I can stay out for about 3 weeks at a shot and yes I have a hazmat. Are their any other carries you would suggest?
From my ancient experience, I started at Panther, driving for a fleet owner with an assigned codriver. Next was a solo for a fleet owner. That truck was moved to All State, then totalled, not my fault. Went to another fleet owner at Allstateexpress.com. Moved to Polly Express, lease purchaser of truck. Moved to Whirlwind, out of business in a year. Listened to recruiter and signed on to RJR. They know what they still owe. Cut my losses, went to Bolt. They were comfortable. Decided I wanted better and found my way to Load One.
The point is, there are more than 3 expedite companies. I sold my truck and am off the road, but I wouldn't want to have missed the majority of the miles.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
These days I'm paid to be the crazy cat lady.......
6556040-crazy_cat_lady.png

Reactions: Turtle

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey gotta go. Hope your doing ok. I was just in your neck of the woods about 3 weeks ago. Vacation.