Rocking the ONE in October

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got my load off and done something I don't do, I called the office for help. They helped me out and told me that I've basically answered my own question. So with that in mind once I got to the new location got a call going to Las Vegas. Didn't get it :(.

Hope everyone is staying loaded
So far hasn't been a bad week. Two runs this week and one call yesterday. The one thing that is surprising for me is that where I'm at there's no Missed loads and nothing has been Booked. That's odd and Strange!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Got my load off and done something I don't do, I called the office for help. They helped me out and told me that I've basically answered my own question. So with that in mind once I got to the new location got a call going to Las Vegas. Didn't get it :(.

Hope everyone is staying loaded
So far hasn't been a bad week. Two runs this week and one call yesterday. The one thing that is surprising for me is that where I'm at there's no Missed loads and nothing has been Booked. That's odd and Strange!

Depending on the customer they have to manually enter the bid and show we didnt get it in the system. When dispatch is busy they dont always do that. Some of the customers we have electronic tie ins so it is automatic like NLM or Active for instance.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Nite Load One! It's time to wind down and get ready for bed. On Saturday I had two load offers and the second one was a go. Got to the shipper on time and everyone was gone. Got 3hrs of detention on this one as well.

Today I got one call going to TX and that was a no go. If we would have gotten that, that would be a good load to start off with. It's part of the business. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Friday night there was a Load One Frenzy on I75. Two Load One T/T and a Sprinter "me" on I75 rollin together caring the Load One banner!

Last edited:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Good Nite Load One! It's time to wind down and get ready for bed. On Saturday I had two load offers and the second one was a go. Got to the shipper on time and everyone was gone. Got 3hrs of detention on this one as well.

Today I got one call going to TX and that was a no go. If we would have gotten that, that would be a good load to start off with. It's part of the business. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Friday night there was a Load One Frenzy on I75. Two Load One T/T and a Sprinter "me" on I75 rollin together caring the Load One banner!
I was in that I75 mix going south somewhere. Maybe not the same one as yours, but one sprinter, my straight, another straight and a tractor.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The Lions WON!!!!!
I think this was the first time I ever started to actually hope a opposing team's kicker would actually make one lol.

Talk about having a bad day, that was nuts. He's way too good for that. Someone must of had his voodoo doll

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Even I wanted that poor guy to make the 4th one (as it didnt matter). Our guy missed one too. Granted it was a 55 yard attempt.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What are your thoughts on the newer body style compared to the ‘02?

Still getting used to it, but overall, I like it. I do like the added width between the wheel wells, and the added leg room.
Definitely has a much bigger and higher up feel while driving. Compared to the 02, this reminds me more of driving a straight.
Biggest thing I don't like is the mirrors with the small convex type mirror on the bottom now. It's just way too small for my liking. I used to easily see everything, now I struggle with many blind spots.

The added engine power is awesome, never skipped a beat going through the Rocky Mountains. If it downshifted, I was unaware of it. This is a major change, as I was always down shifting and losing speed on the smallest of incline. The increased power coupled with the lower mpg has come at a cost. Even with my very fuel conservative driving, my CPM for fuel has raised by 5 cents. The distance range I can get on a fuel up has been dramatically reduced, not liking this aspect at all. Despite the wimpy power of the 02, it hands down beat the snot out of this van on fuel economy.

One minor change on the inside that is irritating and kind of funny at the same time is where I keep my note pad. For the last 6 years, the spot has been left of the steering wheel, now its on the right below the sterio. I've lost track of how many times I've reached for it on the left to find nothing :rolleyes:

With the larger windshield and height, I've been hesitant to climb up and clean the windshield using the single foot step in the middle. The 02 had two evenly spaced apart steps, which would seem much more easier to maintain balance then a single step in the middle. Speaking of steps, I'm not a fan of my rear door step. Besides not having anything to hold on to, like a hand rail, the step is only half as wide as my foot. My old step was huge, going to take some time to get use to this micro version. I do worry about having a slip and fall with this step, especially come winter time.

More then you probably wanted to know, but I was wanting to do a comparison anyways ;)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had both an ‘06 and ‘07 and loved the refinement of the newer one. If it only had that inline 5 in it...

Reactions: RoadTime