Confirmation chaos

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hope he gets in and I think he will
With two Republican women senators and a Flake I don't think he will get the votes. Besides the new, current FBI investigation will probably result in findings that will require further investigation.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
She uptalked quite a bit? She talked like she was very young? It was quite a performance?
I once found uptalk amusing. Hard to take someone serious that talks like that. Now it is just annoying. It seems most common among women under 35 although it has spread to men. Where did this start? A television show?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't forget whispering. Idiot Hollywood thinks tv characters should whisper to each other half the time. Normal people don't do that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dr Ford's legal team...
"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hellooooo! The FBI did NOT contact Dr Ford to interview her in their rushed investigation!"

The FBI
"She has already given testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee. We would only need to talk to her if we gathered information that corroborated her statements."

<giggle>

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
During Dr. Ford's testimony both Democrat and Republican Senators used words like brave and courageous to describe her coming forward to testify. Of course the media added heroic, fearless, strong etc. Never heard any of these adjectives to describe how Judge Kavanaugh thus far has carried himself through this debacle.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hope he gets in and I think he will
With two Republican women senators and a Flake I don't think he will get the votes. Besides the new, current FBI investigation will probably result in findings that will require further investigation.
Yes the Dems will want to examine ad nauseam the FBI findings which they won't complete until after the midterm election. I think Flake is either a No vote or he'll vote Present. It depends on Murkowski and Collins' vote. If they vote No then Flake votes No. If they both vote Yes and the republicans have the votes (a tie still wins because of a Pence tiebreaker vote) then Flake votes Present. Imo...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
During Dr. Ford's testimony both Democrat and Republican Senators used words like brave and courageous to describe her coming forward to testify. Of course the media added heroic, fearless, strong etc. Never heard any of these adjectives to describe how Judge Kavanaugh thus far has carried himself through this debacle.
Look how the Dem senators talked to and questioned Kavanaugh. Very demeaning. Same with many in the media and in the entertainment media. Mocking him and trashing him. Lewd jokes and skits. They don't in anyway entertain the possibility that Kavanaugh may be a victim. The sniveling and crying is evidence to them of a guilty person. Maybe instead it's because he has seen his family being put through the ringer.
Without any evidence regarding Mrs. Ford's allegations they buy her account hook, line, and sinker. Any questioning of her story is off limits and insensitive.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
She uptalked quite a bit? She talked like she was very young? It was quite a performance?
I once found uptalk amusing. Hard to take someone serious that talks like that. Now it is just annoying. It seems most common among women under 35 although it has spread to men. Where did this start? A television show?
The Left coast. In the Valley.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It depends on Murkowski and Collins' vote.
Exactly, two women. The Me Too Movement has grown to become another powerful "us against them", "you are for us or against us" hate group with no middle ground. If Senators Murkowski and Collins vote for Judge Kavanaugh they risk being vilified by not only the Left but many Republican women. That could mean alienating 50% of their constituents. Judge Kavanaugh was tried and found guilty the day Dr. Ford's claims became public.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was on the fence when it came to this but now I’m saying no to his confirmation. He was a rich kid who partied and drank frequently when he was in school, and he lied under oath when he said he didn’t drink until he blacked out. If he would have been honest about it then it would be different but he is like most people, deny it until the end.....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I missed the part where evidence showed he drank until he blacked out. I caught several unsubstantiated allegations that he drank until he blacked out but I didn't catch any actual evidence. Thanks for educating me on that.

Reactions: Moot

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are right there is no evidence, there are only people that he went to school with that says he did drink until he blacked out.

But he is smart he knows what he can lie about and get away with.

Oh well hopefully he performs his duties without bias.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You are right there is no evidence, there are only people that he went to school with that says he did drink until he blacked out.

But he is smart he knows what he can lie about and get away with.

Oh well hopefully he performs his duties without bias.
Well, there are also people that he went to school with him that says he did not drink until he blacked out. Lots of unsubstantiated claims on both side. Didn't really see any evidence on either side. So you have to go with the bedrock of western civilization of presumed innocent until proved otherwise.

If there was corroboration in the other claims, then one can reasonably infer that he might be lying on the drinking and blacking out. But not one of Dr Ford's named witnesses could support her claims. The claims by Ramirez quickly fell apart when her named witnesses could not corroborate. Swetnick's claims blew up in her face when she stated that she had recently talked with 4 people who would back up her story, after two of them refused to respond to investigators, one said she didn't even know nor had ever met Swetkick, and the 4th died years ago.

Plus all the holes in Ford's story, like the one about wanting a second front door because of the trauma, when in reality the second door went in 4 years before she claimed it became an issue which required explaining to her husband and her therapist, and the second door turned out to be a second private entrance so she and her husband could get around zoning laws to rent out the space to students.

Another interesting tid bit is, the woman that Dr Ford is accused of helping to prep for a polygraph, Monica McLean, which Dr Ford denied doing at the hearing, pressured Leland Kaiser (Ford's friend who Ford said was at the party) into altering her statement refuting Ford's claims. Text messages from McLean to Kaiser showing the pressuring were included in the FBI supplemental investigation. That's witness tampering. McLean was also at the hearing with Ford. McLean is a former FBI agent, who abruptly quit the FBI in disgust over Trump winning the election, according to the FBI summaries that were posted online by the Judiciary Committee.

I think something happened to Dr Ford sometime in her life, but I don't think it was this and I don't think Kavanaugh had anything to do with it. That's what all the indications point towards. The signs also point to Dr Ford's legal team (Katz, Bromwich and others, openly known as anti-Trump activists) and the Democrats crapping all over Dr Ford to use her as a tool for their own political agenda. Her lawyers withheld from her the offers from the Judiciary Committee to hear her testimony privately in her home. That would preclude the spectacle that a public hearing would provide. That's something that could (and should) get every one on her legal team disbarred. They failed to act in the best interest of their client.

Reactions: muttly and Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought Judge Kavanaugh was toast because I believed Murkowski and Collins would cave to the Me Too pressure. Flake surprised me. I guess he shouldn't have seeing he is leaving the Senate and isn't concerned about cover his political ass.

Flake called for the extra FBI investigation and apparently he is satisfied with their findings. Why isn't the left satisfied? Oh yeah, it wasn't the outcome they wanted. It ain't a done deal yet, but it sure looks close.

Reactions: muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found this rather telling of Senator Murkowski's real position: "I believe Brett Kavanaugh’s a good man. It just may be that in my view he’s not the right man for the court at this time." If she truly believes Judge Kavanaugh is a good man, how could possibly believe he is guilty of the acts he has been accused of by Dr. Ford? "Not the right man for the job"? It appears Judge Kavanaugh’s judicial record is impeccable. I would assume that is one of the reasons he is up for Supreme Court Justice.

In Senator Murkowski's view: "...he's not the right man for the court at this time." What! Right Candidate! Oh yeah, I didn't consider her: "at this time". I guess "at this time" refers to that Trump dude in the White House who is a known sexist, misogynistic, racist, capitalist, elderly, male white Republican pig.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe something did happen but if it was that bad then she should have called the cops and made a report.

So you have a bunch of rich college kids who drink and try to get laid, what do you think is going to happen?

Like I said it’s all about honesty, I believe he drank way too much when he was in college, and he lied, because he didn’t want to look bad. Nobody is perfect but he just proved he isn’t honest, but then again that is almost a requirement for a politician.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Busted...:D

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well my prediction looks to be wrong. Flake apparently is going to vote Yes for confirmation. His vote is the deciding vote because without his vote, Manchin wouldn't vote Yes too. Surprised by the strong speech by Sen Collins for the affirmative for Kavanaugh. Very pleased that she was able to see through the political hit job that was taking place and spoke out condemning it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here is my comment on the Kavanaugh and Mrs Ford supposed incident from a long time ago. "Something" might have happened, but who knows what exactly? Just a story that isn't corroborated by anyone from 36 years ago. It was a long time ago to remember something with a lot of accuracy.
Time, possible alcohol consumption, and other factors would affect memory. Just saying whatever may have happened could have been more innocuous.