Rocking the ONE in October

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just finished watching the Lions/Cowboys game. Could have gone either way. Unfortunately, a Lions loss :(
T.J. Lang going down was pretty big, but overall I think they played pretty good.
Tate's end zone show boating is going to get him one day, or give me a heart attack, like on his 2nd score :eek:
Message to Tate: Do what ever you want...After you get into the end zone :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least it's October...now ;)

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I got to the shipper early this morning and got loaded and on my way. After looking at the time I might get this off today. Well I called and receiving closed at 5pm. I was scheduled for tomorrow morning delivery. I got within 30 miles and would have made it and dispatch called. Hey, customer called and said to deliver in the morning not today.

Talking about being bummed out and disappointed and heartbroken all in one, LOL. Well I got all this time to kill and there's no truckstops close by and THANK GOODNESS I got those gyms memberships. Got one close by and have to wait until they get cleared out a bit.

I dont eat this late but with all this time I'm at Ntimevan favorite spot, BWW!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Anybody lately got tires at Belle Tire with the Load 1 discount? I got 2 steers about 2 years ago and the discount was pretty good. Now it seems that they don't offer the Load 1 discount unless Load 1 pays for the tires. Too bad for them. Without the discount they are more expensive than what I can get the tires elsewhere.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Anybody lately got tires at Belle Tire with the Load 1 discount? I got 2 steers about 2 years ago and the discount was pretty good. Now it seems that they don't offer the Load 1 discount unless Load 1 pays for the tires. Too bad for them. Without the discount they are more expensive than what I can get the tires elsewhere.
Roadtime will chime in a bit. I think he got new tires from there on his Sprinter.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Call the shop that doesn’t sound right.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Roadtime will chime in a bit. I think he got new tires from there on his Sprinter.

It may depend on the location. My recent tires I got down by Toledo, OH. I was surprised that they mentioned the discount before I asked, which normally I'm met with blank stares or they couldn't find it when I ask. Over the years, when I have been able to get a "discount", it has not made a significant difference in the final bill. I believe the last set of tires I got before these I saved $10-$15. I like Belle Tire for the service and multiple locations, they always seem to be around when I need one, and that they take my Goodyear credit card, which is usually interest free for 6 months. I don't worry much about the discount anymore. If I get any, great. If not, I'm still happy with the service.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got unloaded this morning and was looking around to see if I need to move or stay. The next closest location I would move to had several Sprinters there, so with that being said I stayed put.

After getting unloaded went back to sleep and after waking up it wasn't long the Charlotte office called with a load! So I guess after all it was best that I stayed put and had to wait to get unloaded this morning :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Always call the shop first. They will contact our Belle rep and advise you are coming and help set discount for your purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1 great Load offer .. but a Strikeout . Awaiting the next call...

U run the Miles
I run for the Money

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Went to my pickup a little early. It wasn't ready so I had to kill time and I stop by a BBQ place and had breakfast lunch and dinner, LOL. This place has C Span on and it got me thinking.

With Mr. E going to Washington/Capitol Hill I just might see the boss man on tv. Also need to get you on Fox Business with Maria Bartiromo, Varney or with Liz Claman. My favorite anchor's on that channel!

Oh I forgot, I like Lou Dobbs but he's mainly about political stuff "inside the beltway "

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime