Enjoying a bicycle again,,its been over 50 years

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
How things can change in an instant --has got to be one of those magic moments when you rediscover childhood.. I'm not sure how we got here but we did.

Me and the wife suddenly appeared in a bicycle shop and left with 2 touring bikes...Yep, we had just sold our last Harley,amazing--now on bicycles?? We are kids again and having more fun, no gas need, no plates, no oil, no license to ride it, just go...you really can see the world go by at your pace...we will be healthier for it 72 and still peddling...

One thing we noticed in the bike shop, it was all adults buying them, no kids--hmmm. It was mature kids in their 40s and up,,lol:welcome1:

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Welcome to the club. In my 50 year hiatus from bike riding I found out a few things. They say you never forget how to ride. I soon found out this is a myth. I practiced for weeks to regain the control skills needed to be safe in all situations. Particular difficult was to regain good control at low speeds. Another thing that is different is the fear that the vehicle coming up on my rear might have a driver WHHUHA Texting! My stable includes One Speeder. A electric power assist and a gasoline tri wheeler. All acquired for less than the cost of the cheapest car out there. Happy Trails. Hope you have good bike paths like I have. The US has a long way to go, to give cyclist the respect they get in the Netherlands.

Reactions: Moot

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Welcome to the club. In my 50 year hiatus from bike riding I found out a few things. They say you never forget how to ride. I soon found out this is a myth. I practiced for weeks to regain the control skills needed to be safe in all situations. Particular difficult was to regain good control at low speeds. Another thing that is different is the fear that the vehicle coming up on my rear might have a driver WHHUHA Texting! My stable includes One Speeder. A electric power assist and a gasoline tri wheeler. All acquired for less than the cost of the cheapest car out there. Happy Trails. Hope you have good bike paths like I have. The US has a long way to go, to give cyclist the respect they get in the Netherlands.
We have the river walk and ride trail along the Tenessee River and the Chickamauga Battle Field just across the
Ga state line,,yes lots of mountains, but we cant do mountains,,,way old for that now.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bike-fail_o_104852.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan