September 2018 Locations & More

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Yesterday, My Sprinter developed a intermittent clanking sound underneath. Sounded like it was coming from the drive line. Would be triggered after using reverse. Was too dark and wet to be crawling underneath when I got home last night. Just replaced the drive line 1-2 years ago. Was planning a trip to Wayne's World anyways, so hopefully it's nothing that needs to fixed immediately locally before heading down.

Will check it out today after coffee kicks in ;)
Bad News, Maybe Good News...

At Wayne's World. Since I posted, the clanking sound has got really bad. Wayne thinks it's something with the drive line, which really pisses me off, since I just replaced it about 2 years ago in KC.

Currently in a holding pattern for repairs for a few more hours. It's time to stop the bleeding. I may be finally putting the old girl out to pasture

There may be a new (used) Sprinter in my future

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
Well :( and :).

It's going to be hard to get a "New to Good" used Sprinter. As we've all posted on here before, unless you really know the person that had it, it's not worth the risk!

Now you could wait until the Gas Model Sprinter comes out. That's late 2018 I think. As we stated, it's only in the 170 not the 170ext :(

Last edited:

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yesterday, My Sprinter developed a intermittent clanking sound underneath. Sounded like it was coming from the drive line. Would be triggered after using reverse. Was too dark and wet to be crawling underneath when I got home last night. Just replaced the drive line 1-2 years ago. Was planning a trip to Wayne's World anyways, so hopefully it's nothing that needs to fixed immediately locally before heading down.

At Wayne's World. Since I posted, the clanking sound has got really bad. Wayne thinks it's something with the drive line, which really pisses me off, since I just replaced it about 2 years ago in KC.

Currently in a holding pattern for repairs for a few more hours. It's time to stop the bleeding. I may be finally putting the old girl out to pasture

It's going to be hard to get a "New to Good" used Sprinter. As we've all posted on here before, unless you really know the person that had it, it's not worth the risk!

Now you could wait until the Gas Model Sprinter comes out. That's late 2018 I think. As we stated, it's only in the 170 not the 170ext :(

A few months ago, had the similar noises coming from under my Nissan while I was on load in SF in the middle of the city during morning rush hour.

Luckily, found a spot on the side of the street. Blocked and jack up the van. Put on drive....sure enough, sound was coming from left rear tire. It was the parking brake that was coming apart. My bad, after 600000 miles+ , never check it.

And luckily again, found a repair shop 3 blocks away. Just took the parking brake out. Done! Cranked up the song and I was on my way, Lol......

Lol, Lol.......

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

A few months ago, had the similar noises coming from under my Nissan while I was on load in SF in the middle of the city during morning rush hour.

Luckily, found a spot on the side of the street. Blocked and jack up the van. Put on drive....sure enough, sound was coming from left rear tire. It was the parking brake that was coming apart. My bad, after 600000 miles+ , never check it.

And luckily again, found a repair shop 3 blocks away. Just took the parking brake out. Done! Cranked up the song and I was on my way, Lol......

Lol, Lol.......
I always hated that song.....

Reactions: ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Lol, Lol.......
giphy.gif

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Mailer - Thanks for the song, I love it. Takes back to 1970 and my year living In California, courtesy of our Uncle Sam. Did you know that John Phillips (Mama's & Papa's) wrote it and gave it to his friend Scott McKenzie to record.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Mailer and ntimevan

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Lol, Lol.......
Hahaha.....good one muttly!

Reactions: muttly

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mailer - Thanks for the song, I love it. Takes back to 1970 and my year living In California, courtesy of our Uncle Sam. Did you know that John Phillips (Mama's & Papa's) wrote it and gave it to his friend Scott McKenzie to record.

Didn't know that. Nice to know. Hey you and I were in southern Cal back in the '70. Awesome!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Lol, Lol.......
Hahaha.....good one muttly!
From Wikipedia...
McKenzie's version of the song has been called "the unofficial anthem of the counterculture movement of the 1960s, including the Hippie, Anti-Vietnam War and Flower power movements."[4]

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

That song sounds like John Phillips would have written it. Folk music...

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

That song sounds like John Phillips would have written it. Folk music...

Folk Music.
Yep.
Back in the 70’s I know , more than once , I thought FOLK THAT SONG !!!!!

Reactions: muttly

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Young expediters all over our great country are thinking Country Joe Who ?

Last edited: