The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just a coincidence I guess that one of the NDAS happened about a week before the election. An affair that happened around 12 years ago and one of the parties comes forward after all those years.

That timing strengthens the case that Trump entered into the NDA to influence the election. He was content to go without that NDA for a long time. Then when it became apparent that he had an actual chance to win the election, he directed that the NDA be created and paid the hush money.
Not against the law. Lol

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They'll believe collusion is a crime. It's not.

That's right. Collusion is not a crime. Trump initially denied that collusion happened. After it was established that collusion did happen, he started saying collusion is not a crime. And that is true. Collusion is not a crime (actually, it is defined as a crime in anti-trust law, but that definition does not apply in this case.)

If the Muller report presents evidence that Trump colluded with Russia to influence the election, the report will not charge him with collusion, which is not a crime. It will charge him with conspiracy, which is a crime.

[The left believes] A president firing a subordinate FBI Director is a crime. It's not.

It is if the president's intent in firing the director was to impede an investigation. That is called obstruction of justice.

[The left believes] Trump using his own money to enter into NDAS is a crime. It's not.

It is if the intent of the NDAs was to influence an election. That is called violation of various campaign finance laws.
Actually he has said there is no collusion. And that collusion isn't a crime anyway.
Conspiracy doesn't fit either as a crime in this case. Foreigners can offer advice and information to a campaign.
There seems to be a pattern here to try to criminalize anything Trump does.
Trump firing his FBI Director is now a crime.
Talking to a Russian in a building is a crime.
Entering NDAS, and using his own money is now a crime.
Screenshot_20180729-181119.png

Reactions: Turtle

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm thinking they are going to need much more than what has been presented so far. Democrats may even themselves slow the process when they see Pence waiting in the wings. :eek::D

They won't need more to charge or evidence to present. Existing cases already provide more than enough material for articles of impeachment. Remember, impeachment happens in congress, not in court. It's a political process, not a legal process. If the House impeaches and the Senate votes to confirm, there is no appeal to challenge the validity of the charging document. If the Senate votes to confirm, impeachment is a done deal.

What will have to change is the direction of the political winds. I believe that will happen as the various investigations continue to erode Trump's strength by bringing more and more truth to light, and as Trump responds in his typical self-harming ways.

The Democratic leadership is discouraging impeachment talk now because they know that impeachment talk will fire up Trump's base and encourage them to vote in the mid-terms. Trump knows this too which is why he's mentioning the impeachment threat in his rallies and other venues.

After the election, the Democrats will be more willing to beat the impeachment drum. They'd take Pence over Trump in an instant for a number of reasons, one of which will be intense pressure from the Democratic rank and file to impeach if they win the House.

I think you are right in that political headwinds would have to change. I'm thinking they may not have enough time. I don't think Trump would leave easily. Midterms will have a lot to do with what outcome there is. I still think a lot more will need to be presented. And that is assuming the democrats take over the house. Still early yet.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, Phil. That's enough for now. Play time on EO and news reading is over. When the next significant development occurs regarding your impeachment prediction, you can re-enter the discussion to refine your views.
OK, Moot. That's enough for now. Play time on EO and mischief making is over. When the next significant development occurs regarding your harassment of ATeam you might get slapped with a lawsuit or even banned.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good: restructuring NAFTA
Bad: Not flying White House flags at half-staff

Trump is never going to assume the office in a manner that will make him palatable to most.

Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
US Flag Code states the US flag is to be flown at half staff on the day of the death of a member of Congress, plus one day. That's precisely how the flag was flown at the White House. To say the flags at the White House were not flown at half staff is literally fake news.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nobody ever said that.....
Uhm, Grizzly just did. His saying it is one hundred percent the sole reason I posted what I did above.

Historically, the flag is flown at half staff until burial, regardless of code.
Incorrect. Historically the flag is flown according to US Flag Code. That's why the Flag Code exists. Historically, exceptions have been made, but they are nevertheless exceptions, rather than the rule.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I should have been more specific. I was taking a snapshot of today. Showing a bit more respect towards McCain would have been the gentlemanly thing to do ... but not exactly Trumps style.

Just for the record .. I never, never agreed with McCain's politics. I always had respect for the man.

Edit: That was an exaggeration, there were rare times when I agreed with McCain .. but generally not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman and Turtle

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why doesn't Trump actually do something ... dare I say the words .... Nice .. Gentlemanly ... Respectfully ... Sincerely ..

Heck, surprise some people and extend an olive branch.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why doesn't Trump actually do something ... dare I say the words .... Nice .. Gentlemanly ... Respectfully ... Sincerely ..

Heck, surprise some people and extend an olive branch.
The press will want him impeached for it

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Midterms in the Air, can you just feel the excitement :rolleyes:

After getting back to Michigan, I saw this interesting billboard. Definitely, made me do a, huh?
Maybe I've been out of the loop, or missed something, but not getting this fear tactic o_O

BuckeyeVoteDemocratic-AthensBillboard.jpg

Reactions: dalscott

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Midterms in the Air, can you just feel the excitement :rolleyes:
Like all of the others before this one, this will be the most important election in history.

As for thy fear tactic, Republicans want to take away everybody's free health care (expanded Medicare for all) and Democrats want to make it free for everyone, because forcing others to pay for your health care is a God-given inalienable right, or something like that.

Reactions: RoadTime

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Like all of the others before this one, this will be the most important election in history.

As for thy fear tactic, Republicans want to take away everybody's free health care (expanded Medicare for all) and Democrats want to make it free for everyone, because forcing others to pay for your health care is a God-given inalienable right, or something like that.

Just to set things straight, nobody in their right mind thinks that it will be free. We will all be paying for it in some way or other. I for one would far rather be paying into Medicare than to any for-profit outfit with their CEOs making hundreds of thousands a year. Because there is no profit margin with Medicare, you definitely get more “bang for your buck”. The way it is now (and has been long before the Affordable Health Care Act), even if you can afford the premiums, who can afford the deductibles and copays.
Even President Obama’s said the the AHC was not perfect but it was a stepping stone toward improving things. He also said that if anyone has any ideas on how to improve it, “my door is always open”. Instead of working with him, all the right-wing tried to do was ruin it. And you folks say that the left are obstructionists.
At least we didn’t have a meeting at the Caucus House restaurant at the same time Trump was being inaugurated and all but sign a blood oath to block anything he tries to do, including things that we are for. So if you want to talk about obstructionists, look in the mirror.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Just to set things straight, nobody in their right mind thinks that it will be free. We will all be paying for it in some way or other. I for one would far rather be paying into Medicare than to any for-profit outfit with their CEOs making hundreds of thousands a year. Because there is no profit margin with Medicare, you definitely get more “bang for your buck”. The way it is now (and has been long before the Affordable Health Care Act), even if you can afford the premiums, who can afford the deductibles and copays.
Even President Obama’s said the the AHC was not perfect but it was a stepping stone toward improving things. He also said that if anyone has any ideas on how to improve it, “my door is always open”. Instead of working with him, all the right-wing tried to do was ruin it. And you folks say that the left are obstructionists.
At least we didn’t have a meeting at the Caucus House restaurant at the same time Trump was being inaugurated and all but sign a blood oath to block anything he tries to do, including things that we are for. So if you want to talk about obstructionists, look in the mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums