Sitting for days

MacMcDonnell

New Recruit
Driver
Every time dispatch sends me out of state, I sit 4,5,6 days until I get another load. I drive a company sprinter hauling auto freight. I get so damn angry. Recently sat in El Paso over a week. Just said eff it and did the 1,400 mile deadhead home . Is this normal????!! Starting doing this about 7 months ago .

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This time of the year is the slow time. Many plants are on mandatory shut down for maintenance. Things should start to slowly pick back up over the next few weeks as these plants start to come back online. Hang on in there.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Every time dispatch sends me out of state, I sit 4,5,6 days until I get another load. I drive a company sprinter hauling auto freight. I get so damn angry. Recently sat in El Paso over a week. Just said eff it and did the 1,400 mile deadhead home . Is this normal????!! Starting doing this about 7 months ago .
If this has been going on for 7 months..... you need a new company. What are you driving?

Reactions: Solar

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are driving a company vehicle I guess you are at the company's discretion. What happened when you deadhead home from El Paso? Was the cost of fuel on you?

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Normal for the month of July any other month they just can’t get the freight. I’d be looking else where

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: pbanich

Warlock4

New Recruit
Researching
Well, when you have ALOT of people that buy up the worn out vans, pay cash, have no operating authority, and no insurance!! They have next to zero overhead and bid these loads at .50-.55 per mile!!!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How’d you like having a $200,000 plus straight and seeing them pull loads that you’d like to have ?
Realistically, you just have to adjust the best you can.
Earn your way into one of the better carriers, deal with the competition, or move on.
I don’t see any better options.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

Nope, not normal.
Seeing that it’s the company truck, that’s who I’d take my grievances to. If they’re ok with you sitting that long, they’re beneath your effort, find a new company.

Reactions: JerryK

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Every time you go out of state? Thats really terrible I feel for you. This is an expediting company??

Go home, take your stuff out of the van, then tell them you want to bring the truck back. I'm sure they hold your pay a few weeks, get ready for them to screw you out of that. Not much you can do.

Just take it as an expensive lesson learned, you are much better off working at McDonald's than that b.s.