Load One July- Feel the Power!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Finally got my truck back from the shop. 5 days for a sensor on the transmission? Then had to have a drive tire replaced. Will finish putting everything inside in the morning and I will be back in service. While I was home I used the $$$$ I received for a clean level 1 roadside last month to take my wife and Tiffany to Wild Adventures. We had a great time.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hello Tuesday! Rebuilt seat installed and it feels like a whole different truck now. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

John, when we go OOS we choose a reason (sleep, repairs etc) does dispatch see that? I went OOS for sleep and shut my phone off. When I woke up, went in service and turned the phone on I had messages with load offers from the middle of the night. I don't normally shut my phone off.....so I would have been awakened with calls in this case.
I can see where your coming from. They could be calling you for loads that were ready when you get back in service "could be missed opportunities" My Load One phone never shuts off.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Raising Canes! Well "so far" this week has been a bust for me, LOL. It could turn around with one load, just have to wait and see! I don't know about yall but I'm LOVING this heat. I'm going to hate and see winter coming around the corner.

Breaking News!!!! Ok, anyone and everyone who reads the Load One forum knows that I eat out most of the time once a day. That will be changing. I bought me a ARB Fridge Freezer 82qt! I love this thing and it will pay for itself quickly. It will also come in handy when im under those critical loads :)

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...... My Load One phone never shuts off.... .

Mine doesn't either unless I seriously need to sleep which, is when I use the sleep reason on the OOS screen and even then I rarely shut it off. I only shut it off when I am desperate for sleep....at that point I don't want to be woken up with possible or maybe bid load calls. It's a conundrum either way.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Question John, when someone sends you a message through the App, can there be a way that we can reply to that person like the Qualcomm?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Let me do some checking on that.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
You can send a free form message just like the satellite?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well true you can, Ann from Admin sent me a message and was wondering if I could send her a direct reply back from the App which I don't think I can? I don't think it came through the Qualcomm and I would have "reply"and it would be sent directly to her.

Shouldnt all messages and load offers hit both no matter what?

PS. Just re read this and having to rewrite again cause its sounding like I'm being a smart butt about it, LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Messages don’t ever go directly to the person. They go in the general message mailbox I think.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Breaking News!!!! Ok, anyone and everyone who reads the Load One forum knows that I eat out most of the time once a day. That will be changing. I bought me a ARB Fridge Freezer 82qt! I love this thing and it will pay for itself quickly. It will also come in handy when im under those critical loads :)

Pretty nice. I looked one up, pretty hefty price on it. Impressive low AMP usage. Keep us posted :)

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I think someone is speaking?

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have heard a rumor to that effect. LOL. I actually speak quite often on panels at TEANA, ATA, TCA and other groups. Have the Expo this weekend and speaking on a panel at the Landstar expedite meetings next month.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
It seems to be very slow this week. I picked up on Friday in NC and delivered on Tuesday in Tulsa. (It paid well to hold it one extra day) No calls Tuesday or Wednesday. Relocated to Sullivan, MO last night. (Near St Louis). Hopefully I'll get a load today.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app